More anti-abortion stuff, Indiana this time.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I've never heard DeathWizard's voice, but in my head, it's rather melodious and saying, "It just won't stop. It never stops."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...e_better_than_one_sb371_wants_to_require.html

A bill requiring a woman to get two transvaginal ultrasounds, one before and one after a non-surgical abortion, has moved out of committee in the Indiana Senate.

Two.

But wait, there's more:

The bill also requires abortion providers that only provide medication abortions to meet state requirements for surgical facilities.

That includes stuff like widened hallways and "anesthesia, surgical, and sterilization equipment" and will very likely put some pill providers out of business.

Gah.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
If these people cared about LIVING people as much as they cared about UNBORN people, then rape would be a thing of a past, poverty would vanish, and our education system would be the finest in the world.

And, in a bitter irony, abortion would likely be all but gone...

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I wonder what is prompting this sudden spike in offensives in the war on women. Is it just coincidence, or is there real fear that the economy issue is hurting them, so they're attempting a melodramatic diversionary tactic?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's the desperate flailing of a man who has been stabbed in the lower intestines and left in the muddy, trash filled gutter of history.

F.L.N

The Old Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
If these people cared about LIVING people as much as they cared about UNBORN people, then rape would be a thing of a past, poverty would vanish, and our education system would be the finest in the world.

Zoombie,

Once again I think your right on target. The problem I have with evangelicals is they only travel on a one way street.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score

I'm not even totally convinced that some of these people honestly care about unborn children as much as they purport to, to be honest.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Goddammit Indiana.

Can you please be a little less backward, Hoosiers?

Disclaimer: I'm from Indiana.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Quoted because it needs to be said again.

ETA: Any man who votes for or supports a law such as this should be the first to volunteer to have a probe shoved up his penis. Fair is fair.

Last edited:

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I think George Carlin said it best :

Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.

Really, if the rest of the world isn't laughing their asses off at us by now, I have to wonder why.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for state-sanctioned rape. Harsh? Yeah, probably. But, you insert an instrument into a woman's body, against her will. I wonder if that's simply lost on these assholes.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yay for state-sanctioned rape. Harsh? Yeah, probably. But, you insert an instrument into a woman's body, against her will. I wonder if that's simply lost on these assholes.
I think it is, because I really think they put not one minute of thought into any of this crap. When they do -- when they are made to by the inevitable backlash, that's when they either get that panicked look and start backpedaling desperately, or else they get that defiant 6-year-old look and double down on the most offensive parts.

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
Goddammit Indiana.

Can you please be a little less backward, Hoosiers?

Disclaimer: I'm from Indiana.

Born an raised Hoosier. Then I moved to Kentucky, an even more backward state. *sheesh*

I sometimes ask militant pro-lifers how many kids they have adopted. Every single one didn't understand the relevance of my question. Now, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, as long as they don't try to force it on my uterus. I do find it interesting that the most anti-abortion folks are also anti-contraception and anti-adoption for same sex couples.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I think George Carlin said it best :

Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.
So true.

So sad.