AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] The Authors' Clearinghouse

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar

[Agency] The Authors' Clearinghouse

Anyone know anything about The Authors' Clearinghouse (www.literaryclearinghouse.com/) and their president Jane Johnson. They claim to have been in business as literary agents for 14 years. No mention of their clients or recent sales on the site.

Print release:Sept.1,'09 Branwyn's Avatar

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Well...it strikes me as way odd that an agency stressing author promotion doesn't even list authors' names in the book store. The few books I tracked are old and/or with very small presses (likely not needing an agent to sell). Unless you can get them to divulge some whizbang/recent sales, I'd pass.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Quote Originally Posted by Baywitch
    yeah - this is where I found them. There's a whole load of agents there I've never heard of mixed in with some very reputable players.

Quote Originally Posted by waylander
    yeah - this is where I found them. There's a whole load of agents there I've never heard of mixed in with some very reputable players.
    That's cuz all one needs to sign up there is an email address. WN is the worst place to look for an agent, IMHO. Well, maybe tied with Google ads.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

There's a couple of UK agents listed there as handling fantasy and I've never heard of these people - trust me I would know if they were players.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    I agree with Cao. Writers Net (like most online agent resources) is not a good place to look. Successful agents are listed there, but because it's a database where anyone can enter info, there's a huge number of marginal, amateur, and questionable agents as well.

- Victoria

in a bulletproof vest... travNastee's Avatar
    http://www.anotherealm.com/prededitors/pealan.htm

Charges Fees. Not recommended.
    Bones sinking like stones
    All that we fall for
    Homes, places we've grown
    All of us are done for

Take the 2006 rejection pledge. . .
    I took the pledge: 30/42

Best Rejection: TOO WEIRD FOR ME (in all caps)

2011 is the year for me :D Chanelley's Avatar
    Scam - they charge big money to edit your book. They asked for my full, and I emailed them asking if they charged fees and they said you need to pay to get your work edited. Stay far away.

What happened to my LIFE?! childeroland's Avatar

Author's Clearinghouse

Has anyone any experience with this outfit? http://www.literaryclearinghouse.com/

Thanks
    Perhaps the most amazing thing about the universe is that we could create an infinite catalogue of things, worlds and beings that no one has seen and which do not exist. Each story in the realm of fiction is a small part of that catalogue.

Let's just say that, when an agency has a Payment for Services page, odds are their focus isn't selling your book to publishers.
    ICAO
    ---------

Site's gone. No social media activity. Anyone have recent contact?
    ICAO
    ---------