• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betas needed for episode one of an end of the world serial (only 20k words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin Hayes

One evil little baby step at a time
Registered
Reaction score
fa292314-b566-46d9-9216-d4742df22a40_zpsd530e602.jpg

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I'm in search of beta readers willing to comment on the first episode of my post-apocalyptic serialized novel Downfall (word count: 20k). I've posted a rough blurb below to give you an idea what the story's about. Please let me know if you're interested.

On the 4th of July, 2017 at 6:07 (EST), 99.9% of the world's population suddenly loses every memory they've ever known. A powerful amnesia that wipes away the most basic skills learned in childhood: speech, reading, and for some even the ability to walk. In a matter of moments, civilization crumbles, thrusting the world into an age of unparalleled barbarism.

Within this hellish new reality, a handful of weary survivors struggle to reach the only known refuge. A camp set in the foothills of Salt Lake City, Utah. But even as they venture out, a terrible evil is closing in, one intent on snuffing out the last vestiges of life on earth and completing the very apocalypse it may have begun.

The main characters:

Finn: A man who awakens in the bowels of a secret laboratory with no memory of how he got there and only an enigmatic tattoo to guide him.
Dana Hatfield: A Coast Guard sailor searching for a killer who may not be what he seems.
Carole Cartright: Mother of two and recent widow, struggling to protect her family from a world gone mad.
Larry Nowak: Former CEO and full-time scum bag determined to do whatever it takes to thrive in this new post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Again, don't judge the blurb too harshly, I only threw it together quickly for you all. Clumsy as it is, I hope it does the job. ;-)

Cheers,
Griffin Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.