• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kraken Press

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
There's no information about who's behind the company.

We accept unsolicited novels, novellas and short story collections, up to 120.000 words. The minimum for short story collections is 50.000 words. We do not accept short stories. Generally, collections are a harder sell for us than novels.
http://krakenpress.com/?p=37

Yet Kraken recently released Staring Into the Abyss, a collection of short stories by Richard Thomas. Odd.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I get the impression they're very small. The only name I can find is the editor/owner.

Kraken Press

Publisher
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.krakenpress.com
Hey guys,

My name is George Cotronis and I own and operate Kraken Press.
We are indeed a very small outfit.

In regards to short story collections, you're looking at the updated submission guidelines. After accepting a number of short story collections, we'd like to move more towards novels. So while we do accept them, the chances of them getting accepted are lower.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Hey guys,

My name is George Cotronis and I own and operate Kraken Press.
We are indeed a very small outfit.

In regards to short story collections, you're looking at the updated submission guidelines. After accepting a number of short story collections, we'd like to move more towards novels. So while we do accept them, the chances of them getting accepted are lower.

Thanks for the info. :)

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
In what sense does it vary? Do some authors get a higher royalty percentage than others? Or do you calculate net differently in some circumstances?

Kraken Press

Publisher
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.krakenpress.com
I notice that Trend Micro is blocking access to Krakenpress.com for people using Trend Micro as their antivirus. You probably want to take care of that.

http://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/result.php is a good place to start if you don't know why your site got classified that way.

It shows up clean on Norton safe web and the rest, so I'm not sure what their deal is. I've sent them an email.
Rest assured, the website is clean.