Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Don Freeman Grant Question

Don Freeman Grant Question

Posting this at my wife's request, she's a writer-illustrator:

I'm wondering whether or not it would hurt my chances of being published if I applied and by chance actually won (I should be so lucky) the the Don Freeman grant? Will they post the dummy submission on SCBWI? Would a publisher or agent not want to rep or publish me if the dummy is posted? I've already posted a section of the dummy in the artwork critic thread, should I not have done that?

Thanks,
    Maggie
    My current WIP on SYW: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264222

"Hunchback publishing is when your name is Victor Hugo. Humpback publishing is when you tattoo your novel on the back of a whale." Kitty E. Leyson

Reads more than she writes. AW Moderator Smish's Avatar
    Winning one of the SCBWI grants is a big deal and should only increase her chances of being published.
    Revision is where you earn your money - and if you haven't made any money yet, revision is where you pay your dues. Sara Zarr

Mentoring Myself and Others Debbie V's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smish View Post
    Winning one of the SCBWI grants is a big deal and should only increase her chances of being published.

This. Very much this.