Entropy comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

schrang41

Registered
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with a method of comedy that seems especially effective for a younger audience (teen - mid 20's).

Entropy comedy would best be characterized as a form of humor through random occurrence. A good example would be YTP (Youtube Poop). This seems to be effective for the reason that younger people's attention spans are significantly shorter than others.

For a script I am writing for a T.V pilot, I would use this method in the form of:

()Things happening in the background during dialogue scenes.

()Hidden things in background that catch audience's eye.

Reply below to join the discussion and give you're input!

FoidPoosening

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.armorypaintball.com
I'd like to see an example, mainly because the degree to which you do all of these is crucial.

If you're talking hidden things going in on in the background that have a lot of meaning towards the actual story (and/or are just funny). This is a great example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDJIvWGYIho&list=PLE863C6A3B8275B3E&index=6

Watch the whole mini series, you'll understand.

If you're looking for random things not pertaining to the story (like the troll face hidden in so many places in the above link) it should be somewhat consistent for it to be well received. People need to know what to look for; you don't need to tell them, but the consistency would lend itself towards that.

schrang41

Registered
Reaction score
One of the ongoing themes of my series is the harshness and plethora of illegal activity that occurs in the high school (the main setting of the series).

For example, while the main characters are just talking:

A drug deal taking place, that ultimately is botched with one of them being thrown in a trashcan.

Students stealing property from the high school.

Things of that nature

Status
Not open for further replies.