• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for CP, Supernatural Romance (Adult)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clara_w

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm seeking a long-term critique partner, but I need someone who has critiqued manuscripts before and has a good knowledge of the process.

That means you know what a structural (or editorial) review is and how to make one, and you also know what a line edit is. If you do, you probably know how to blend both.

My approach is: I provide a line-by-line review, always keeping the big picture in mind. That means I will input comments wherever I think is necessary and I might fix some grammar issues here and there, but I'll write a small comment at the end of the chapter (or at the end of a few chapters.) on characters, flow, and etc. So basically, a mix of both approaches.

Who you are: Essentially, you know what I'm talking about. You also know that someone else's story is someone else's story, and you know how to highlight the good and the bad. You also have done this before a number of times.

The Process: We'll exchange our first chapters and we'll see if we're a good fit. And we'll take it from there. If you're writing non-fiction I will not take you based on the simple fact that my approach to non-fiction would probably be very crappy. I take everything else, except for chick lit. Sci-fi, Fantasy, Romance, Horror and Thrillers preferred.

Age limit: If you're below 18, I cannot take you as my CP. There's two reasons for that, and don't take them personally:
Nr. 1: You're probably not experienced enough (I wasn't when I was your age) and Nr. 2, there's one steamy scene in my book that I don't feel comfortable having teens reading.

How to contact me: PM : )

Thank yooou!

clara_w

Registered
Reaction score
After I posted this I got a fabulous CP, looking for a second one! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.