Hey

M.Luminos

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a student, 22, came to the site looking to get critique on poetry and my creative writing. Been writing since middleschool and seek a bachelors in creative writing followed by a masters in lit.. maybe *shrug*
Living in the midwest currently, not enjoying the snow :/

I have all my poems on deviant art but find critique is hard to get, I checked out Gaia but its not quite an audience that can give meaningful critique sadly. So here I am.

I had done some poking around but couldn't find it. Could someone kindly point me towards more information on the challenge thread thing for SYW where do I post it?

My goal/dream is to eventually publish an anthology of my own work, yet I have many unwritten stories because I feel I am unable to do the greatness of them justice with my current abilities.

Here's to getting better. :cheers:

EDIT

I read the newbie guide, it said as a new member I ought to let you all get to know me, so I'll make this an AMA. Ask me anything, that does not violate the board's rules. About my writing, for samples, about my history as a writer. (I was published in a hard cover book in 8th grade, and a few times after through a poetry contest, though it was shady IMO I do own one of the books)

Something to discuss? I just finished the Invention of Hugo Cabret and thought it was alright. I have an interest in dead greek dudes who thought about 'stuff'... anything else? no holds barred.

Last edited:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi M.!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

M.Luminos

Registered
Reaction score
thank you everyone, thank you kelly, i had read over most of them, I just had a question about the 50 post rule and the "bypass" by challenging. I'll read it again and perhaps ill figure it out.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

M.Luminos

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all, and I have been though I find work with pages of posts a bit daunting to offer my critique on. Ive posted a few things, but it turns out I don't need the 50 posts for the poetry section or the flash fiction. I'm a happy camper and have already received and given critique, I like this place so far. :D