• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wet Ink Press Publishing Services

Bloo

Roofied by Rylan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emergencyroomproductions.net
So I get a notification via word press today that I have a new follower. Wet Ink Press Publishing.

First red flag, but not a big one. I check out their webpage/blog (through wordpress) at http://wetinkpresspublishing.com/ and they are offering

Wet Ink Press Publishing Services provides pre- publishing services to authors and publishers. Wet Ink Press Publishing Services wants quality eBooks and print publications to reach a global audience. We provide the following pre- publishing services:

Book Cover Design
Editing
Formatting
ePublishing Conversion Services
Ghostwriting Services
Wet Ink Press Publishing Services eBooks and print publications are hand crafted. To set up a consultation to discuss your pre-publishing needs, please email [email protected].

Wet Ink Press Publishing Services is open Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

They'll also
help you find the right agent or publishing house. We’ll provide you with a five page list of hand selected agents or publishing houses which will be a great fit for you. Contact information, submission information, and phone/email support are included as you find the right agent or publishing house.

Cost: $250.00

Query Letters are cover letters for authors. They are what will entice agents to contact the author and request to read your manuscript. We can help you craft a stellar letter to send out to all the agents you would like to represent you.

Are you having trouble writing your synopsis? What should you leave in? What should you take out? How long should the synopsis be? We can help you write your synopsis and get the agent you want.

Get all three for $600.00!

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but the whole thing seems kind of...up in the air to me. I'm not planning on using them for anything but I wanted to start a thread here so they could either be a Beware, Recommended, or at least a background check provided.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Looks to me like they're not an actual publisher, but more like a publishing services provider. So they offer services to help someone self-publish their book, in exchange for money.

That said, they're very expensive, if you ask me. Their ebook conversion rates are extremely high. Their editing rates are on the higher end as well.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
$250 for a query letter? I'll write you one for free in QLH.* (You may of course pay me if you like.) :)

(*Of course we don't actually write queries for people, but we do offer a lot of good suggestions.)

Seriously, that's outrageous. And I'd like to see one of those $250 queries, personally.

Not to mention that their list of "hand-picked" agents and publishers is probably taken straight from QueryTracker.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I loved this:

help you find the right agent or publishing house. We’ll provide you with a five page list of hand selected agents or publishing houses which will be a great fit for you. Contact information, submission information, and phone/email support are included as you find the right agent or publishing house.

Seriously? They'll give me a LIST of agents - that's $50 per page (of whar, maybe 20 names?) that they think will be a fit for me? They won't introduce me, get me an in or a referral, but they will give me a name that I can contact myself? How generous.

For all those reading this that are considering such a ridiculous waste of money - you can get the same information for FREE from the Writer and Artists yearbook website, Query tracker, Agent query or just by googling the agent names of writers who write similar books to yours.

What really amazes me is that 41 incredibly gulliable people actually 'liked' that post.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No further activity on either site or Tw. Domain is registered to Carolyn Elias of Charles Henry Editing, whose sites are also inactive/gone.