The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Wet Ink Press Publishing Services

Wet Ink Press Publishing Services

So I get a notification via word press today that I have a new follower. Wet Ink Press Publishing.

First red flag, but not a big one. I check out their webpage/blog (through wordpress) at http://wetinkpresspublishing.com/ and they are offering

Wet Ink Press Publishing Services provides pre- publishing services to authors and publishers. Wet Ink Press Publishing Services wants quality eBooks and print publications to reach a global audience. We provide the following pre- publishing services:

Book Cover Design
    Editing
    Formatting
    ePublishing Conversion Services
    Ghostwriting Services
    Wet Ink Press Publishing Services eBooks and print publications are hand crafted. To set up a consultation to discuss your pre-publishing needs, please email wetinkpresspublisher@gmail.com.

Wet Ink Press Publishing Services is open Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
    They'll also
    help you find the right agent or publishing house. We’ll provide you with a five page list of hand selected agents or publishing houses which will be a great fit for you. Contact information, submission information, and phone/email support are included as you find the right agent or publishing house.

Cost: $250.00

Query Letters are cover letters for authors. They are what will entice agents to contact the author and request to read your manuscript. We can help you craft a stellar letter to send out to all the agents you would like to represent you.

Are you having trouble writing your synopsis? What should you leave in? What should you take out? How long should the synopsis be? We can help you write your synopsis and get the agent you want.

Get all three for $600.00!
    I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but the whole thing seems kind of...up in the air to me. I'm not planning on using them for anything but I wanted to start a thread here so they could either be a Beware, Recommended, or at least a background check provided.
    In The Shadow Of The Cross-Coming Soon from The Script Co.

Based On The...-Black Box Theatre Publishing

Allie In Wonderland and The Absolutely True Story of Tom Sawyer as Told by Becky Thatcher-Heartland Play Publishers

Blogging AT

practical experience, FTW eternalised's Avatar
    Looks to me like they're not an actual publisher, but more like a publishing services provider. So they offer services to help someone self-publish their book, in exchange for money.

That said, they're very expensive, if you ask me. Their ebook conversion rates are extremely high. Their editing rates are on the higher end as well.
    Visit my website.

$250 for a query letter? I'll write you one for free in QLH.* (You may of course pay me if you like.)

(*Of course we don't actually write queries for people, but we do offer a lot of good suggestions.)

Seriously, that's outrageous. And I'd like to see one of those $250 queries, personally.

Not to mention that their list of "hand-picked" agents and publishers is probably taken straight from QueryTracker.
    http://www.staciakane.com

FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

Click here for more details.

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

The cake is a lie. But still cake. shaldna's Avatar
    I loved this:

help you find the right agent or publishing house. We’ll provide you with a five page list of hand selected agents or publishing houses which will be a great fit for you. Contact information, submission information, and phone/email support are included as you find the right agent or publishing house.

Seriously? They'll give me a LIST of agents - that's $50 per page (of whar, maybe 20 names?) that they think will be a fit for me? They won't introduce me, get me an in or a referral, but they will give me a name that I can contact myself? How generous.

For all those reading this that are considering such a ridiculous waste of money - you can get the same information for FREE from the Writer and Artists yearbook website, Query tracker, Agent query or just by googling the agent names of writers who write similar books to yours.

What really amazes me is that 41 incredibly gulliable people actually 'liked' that post.
    Last edited by shaldna; 02-13-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: misread
    TORCHWOOD - where the slash is canon

Yes, I read Twilight. Yes, I hate it. No, I don't have to give you a reason why.

Here be snark : www.clairewriteswords.wordpress.com

practical experience, FTW eternalised's Avatar
    I didn't even see that yet. Those prices are downright outrageous.
    Visit my website.

I just sat there when I looked at their website adn went "wow, I'm posting this on AW"
    In The Shadow Of The Cross-Coming Soon from The Script Co.

Based On The...-Black Box Theatre Publishing

Allie In Wonderland and The Absolutely True Story of Tom Sawyer as Told by Becky Thatcher-Heartland Play Publishers

Blogging AT

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    No further activity on either site or Tw. Domain is registered to Carolyn Elias of Charles Henry Editing, whose sites are also inactive/gone.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: