Quote Message in Reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizScare

You make my heart skip a beet.
Registered
Reaction score
For some reason it seems like I'm never able to multi-quote any post for both my computer and tablet.

I'm wondering if there is a problem in the site, or if it's a restriction.

Any help?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about as low-tech as is possible while being here. My first through is that you may not be doing it correctly, since that was my issue. I don't know about tablets, but it should definitely function on a computer.

For each post except the last one that you want to quote, you click on the button that looks like a close-quotes with a plus symbol below them. For the last of the posts you will quote, you click on the button that's the quill on paper and the word Quote.

If you only use the multi-quote button, it doesn't work.

Tell you what. I'll post a couple more posts here so you can experiment.

Maryn, not doing anything more important

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, what do you know, here's another post you can use in multiquoting. Pretty damned exciting, don't you think?

Maryn, easily excited

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good golly, this thread now has four, count 'em four, posts. That should be enough to practice on. Fingers crossed for it working!

Maryn, willing to wreak havoc on her typing for the greater good

guttersquid

I agree with Roxxsmom.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about as low-tech as is possible while being here. My first through is that you may not be doing it correctly, since that was my issue. I don't know about tablets, but it should definitely function on a computer.

For each post except the last one that you want to quote, you click on the button that looks like a close-quotes with a plus symbol below them. For the last of the posts you will quote, you click on the button that's the quill on paper and the word Quote.

If you only use the multi-quote button, it doesn't work.

Tell you what. I'll post a couple more posts here so you can experiment.

Maryn, not doing anything more important

Hey, what do you know, here's another post you can use in multiquoting. Pretty damned exciting, don't you think?

Maryn, easily excited

Good golly, this thread now has four, count 'em four, posts. That should be enough to practice on. Fingers crossed for it working!

Maryn, willing to wreak havoc on her typing for the greater good

By golly, I think I got it. Thanks, Maryn. I've been trying to figure this out too.

DizScare

You make my heart skip a beet.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I think I got it now. You see I never pressed the quill button. I didn't even know what did.

Status
Not open for further replies.