howdy y'all!

kruschev

Registered
Reaction score
this sure is a big place! i've been looking for an outlet for my various writings for quite some time now and just yesterday slapped my forehead and said, "of course! message boards!" which is surprising i hadn't considered that in the past as i'm on a few message boards already. anyways, looking forward to this new community.

my very last class in college was a creative writing class. i was a poli sci major. i wasn't floored by how much i enjoyed it, i always enjoyed writing, what amazed me was why hadn't i at least taken a writing class earlier.

i'm writing a book currently. i have roughly 130 pages typed, but right now it's chronologically inept. my buddy compares it to seasickness. don quixote, the good soldier svejk, and catch 22 i draw inspiration from. also a great deal of steinbeck, dostoevsky, kerouac, and kesey.

have one short story finished and others in the works. there is poetry i'm proud of and i write humorous country westerns.

i would like to get published and learn guitar. i have two cats, i'm from cincinnati, ohio and i smoke cigarettes

kruschev

Registered
Reaction score
i should also like to mention that currently i'm drafting a resume for a super fun travel job and am having a hard time not making it a narrative

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
welcome aboard im sure you will find the direction you are looking for hidden someplace in this set of boards :)

kruschev

Registered
Reaction score
welcome aboard im sure you will find the direction you are looking for hidden someplace in this set of boards :)

awesome. i've seen the possibilities on this board and i'm absolutely shocked. this is like a one stop shop. i cannot wait to get into this

dfwtinman

Cubic Zirconia in the rough
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i was a poli sci major.

don quixote, the good soldier svejk, and catch 22 i draw inspiration from. also a great deal of steinbeck, dostoevsky, kerouac, and kesey.

i'm from cincinnati, ohio

Howdy (nikita?),

Cincy eh? I was a Poli-sci major just up the road at Miami University back in the day.

The y'all caught my eye. No doubt you see that word on your way to the airport in Kentucky (Florence Y'all Water Tower).

Love the inspirations you cite.

Anyhoo, enjoy yourself.

kruschev

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy (nikita?),

Cincy eh? I was a Poli-sci major just up the road at Miami University back in the day.

The y'all caught my eye. No doubt you see that word on your way to the airport in Kentucky (Florence Y'all Water Tower).

Love the inspirations you cite.

Anyhoo, enjoy yourself.

i spent my formative years visiting my friends up in oxford. the times.

dfwtinman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i spent my formative years visiting my friends up in oxford. the times.

Well now, if it was your formative years.. :)

I once had a Prof there who said of Miami: "When a social phenomenon reaches Miami, it's pretty much a concrete indicator that the phenomenon is all but dead." lol

kruschev

Registered
Reaction score
Well now, if it was your formative years.. :)

I once had a Prof there who said of Miami: "When a social phenomenon reaches Miami, it's pretty much a concrete indicator that the phenomenon is all but dead." lol

actually, i'm 30 right now, and these are my formative years. i hadn't a clue what i was doing in college. i haven't now, but i got me an idea

your professor was probably grasping at the quote that is often attributed to mark twain. "when the world ends, i want to be in cincinnati, because they are always 10 years behind the times."

dfwtinman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
actually, i'm 30 right now, and these are my formative years. i hadn't a clue what i was doing in college. i haven't now, but i got me an idea

your professor was probably grasping at the quote that is often attributed to mark twain. "when the world ends, i want to be in cincinnati, because they are always 10 years behind the times."

ha!

Yeah, and the fact that Cincy is so close to Miami may be enuf to cover both with the same blanket.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from a poli-sci minor who always enjoyed writing more.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi kruschev!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum