Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Calligra 2.6 Released (with Author)

practical experience, FTW fivetoesten's Avatar

Calligra 2.6 Released (with Author)

Howdy guys,

Just a FYI. I posted about Calligra some time ago to mention Calligra Author, a word processor that can export directly to epub. I don't use it myself (I like to write in plain text), but Author and the rest of the Calligra Suite is a nice project. It's noteworthy if only for heralding the news that there's "more than one way to do it" when it comes to word processing.

Here's a link: Calligra 2.6 Released.
    What separates the writers from the wannabes is that the writers write.
    --bearilou
    Perpetual Newbie

practical experience, FTW fivetoesten's Avatar
    oops I meant to post to Tech Talk... sorry.
    What separates the writers from the wannabes is that the writers write.
    --bearilou
    Perpetual Newbie

The grimflits are out to get me Matera the Mad's Avatar
    It is quite an item. CalligraWords is a little young for my taste yet (meaning it needs development -- I just crashed it without trying, and it needs a few more features). But the Windows port of Krita that comes with the suite is nice, if you're into art. I'm definitely trying it all out more when I switch to Linux for eeryday work.

I was attempting to get something set up to save as Epub when I crashed it. Seemed like it would work better if the whole thing had been created in CalligraWord.

The best free Epub converter/editor I've found is Sigil. Takes some extra work to do it from Word, but you can keep editing it until it's right.
    Inspiration can be as destructive as any other form of fire.