3-year old undergoes brutal interrogation

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
The sprinkles magically got out.

They escaped.

Where's Johnny Cochrane when you need him?

LMAO, this kid is a born politician!!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
This kid is a veteran of the sprinkles wars.

He's undergone interrogation before.

He has courage under fire.
He has guts.

He'll also probably get a lot of cavities, but hey, they're just baby teeth. He'll get new ones.:)

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
I love the way he was holding his hands behind him, shielding his bottom, when she told him he had sprinkles on his face but still denying it all!

I love the slow moon walk out of the room at the end. He's all "I'm just going to go, good luck on finding out what happened with your sprinkles."

And yeah, the "It's not empty" line was hilarious.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I love the slow moon walk out of the room at the end. He's all "I'm just going to go, good luck on finding out what happened with your sprinkles."

"Sprinkles on my face? Well this certainly is a coincidence! I better leave, though, seeing as I have sprinkles on my face, and somene stole yours! I wouldn't want to make you feel bad!"

And yeah, the "It's not empty" line was hilarious.

I loved how he was trying to get the upper hand in the arguement with a technicality.

This is the funniest thing I have seen all day. It reminds me of when my aunt was little and she painted her name on the coffee table with nail polish. My grandmother asked, "Did you paint your name on the table?" She insisted it must have been someone else who painted her name on the table, but she had no idea who.

Seraph

Registered
Reaction score
figaroooooooooooooo

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Explain to me who took the bottles of sprinkles out of their basket, lined them up at reachable level on the counter and dragged out the camera. Oh, you-tube. *sigh* I remember when cute was a moment of serendipity - with a sibling-abuse-case waiting in the wings...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Explain to me who took the bottles of sprinkles out of their basket, lined them up at reachable level on the counter and dragged out the camera. Oh, you-tube. *sigh* I remember when cute was a moment of serendipity - with a sibling-abuse-case waiting in the wings...

My thoughts as well.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Won't be so cute when he's fourteen years old and lying to the police about the hash they just found in 'his' car......

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Won't be so cute when he's fourteen years old and lying to the police about the hash they just found in 'his' car......

If he keeps those gorgeous brown eyes, he should get away with it - unless his mum is still trailing after him with the camera.

If I were him, I'd be getting rid of that camera. I don't see it working for him.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
It has occurred to me the mom might have staged the whole thing just to get the video. Just didn't want to spoil the magic. (Normally I see magic-spoiling as a duty, but sometimes I let it slide.)

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score

It actually looks like she moved them to the edge of the counter to show him the evidence. As in the one was out, she took out the others and placed them next to it to show it was empty. It doesn't seem at all staged to me. She obviously caught him, asked him (you can tell they've already been talking about it), saw the sprinkles on his mouth and decided to take out the camera. I also imagine he used a chair or stool to reach them.

I wonder what the best way for the mom to handle this is. Maybe she could show him it's okay to tell the truth while at the same time letting him know sprinkles is a no no. Her accusatory tone probably made him just dig in deeper. Then, she was probably going for a youtube moment, dramatizing things a little. I'm glad I don't have to wrestle with these kinds of parenting dilemmas.

It's completely normal for this age group. A lot of kids do it until they're about 5 or 6. But basically they don't quite know what lying is yet, or it's fairly new and they 1. Don't have qualms about doing it and 2. Realize it's sometimes a great way to avoid trouble.

My classroom full of four years olds is like 17 pathological liars. "Eva did you pee on your chair?" "No, I spilled water" or "Melissa peed on my chair." And they often don't need prompting, they'll just approach you and tell you a story that is entirely made up. Like "yesterday I went to a baseball game and ate pizza" but yesterday they were in class all day.

Anyway, you won't often get them to admit the truth, and it's not necessary. Even if he doesn't admit it here, he''s learned that even when he says no, people can sometimes tell he did something and he'll get in more trouble if he lies. That's the point of how she's speaking to him.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh, you cynics. Does it occur to anyone that she might just be a bad housekeeper? Maybe she was baking and left the sprinkles out either after or in anticipation of cookie decorating. Maybe the family had recently enjoyed ice cream sundaes and she just hadn't put the sprinkles away yet. There are any number of legitimate reasons for the sprinkles to be out, and if the red ones are his favorites, well, he'd probably notice them there... calling to him...

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you cynics. Does it occur to anyone that she might just be a bad housekeeper? Maybe she was baking and left the sprinkles out either after or in anticipation of cookie decorating. Maybe the family had recently enjoyed ice cream sundaes and she just hadn't put the sprinkles away yet. There are any number of legitimate reasons for the sprinkles to be out, and if the red ones are his favorites, well, he'd probably notice them there... calling to him...

Look at those eyes. Are those the eyes of a sprinkles-thief?

I'm on the kid's side. Assuming your theory that the mother is just a lousy housekeeper - yes, yes she is: and I think she's wiped the little boy's face down without noticing that that is the same cloth she used when she spilled the sprinkles. And now he's got sprinkles all over his poor little face, and she's jumped to a Wrongful Conclusion. Poor little lambchop. No wonder he's backing slowly away...

;) (Just in case...)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did she brush his teeth with the same toothbrush she used to scrape sprinkles out of the kitchen tile grout, too? ;)

Well.

I think if you asked him, he'd say they weren't sprinkles. They were just some things he was thinking about that went into his mouth on their own.

And he was saving them up to think about them later.

What? Suddenly AW hates kids? This is breaking my heart...

;)