• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Agent's Ink (fmly Agents, Inc. for Medical and Mental Health Professionals)

mnstate409

Does anyone have any knowledge of, or experience with, Agents Inc., for Medical and Mental Health Professionals? What does anyone make of asking for an upfront $300 handling fee?

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
What Jim Said. An agent who charges a "handling" fee is either scamming you or doesn't have enough experience to know that handling fees aren't kosher.

Why do medical and mental health professionals need agents, anyway? Specifically, I mean. If you've written a book, any agent who has sold books in the same subject/genre as yours would be appropriate.

- Victoria

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
P&E has listed them for some time, without a negative rating. I queried them a year ago on a SF book (they supposedly have some interest in SF) but they never responded. I wouldn't have bothered if I'd known about the $300.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Was anyone able to find out more info on this "Agents, Inc."? The only public listing is on P&E. The P.O. Box is/was registered to a psychotherapist. :Shrug:

ChrisKelly331

Peter Steele <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinakelly.webs.com
They have a listing on writer's market as "Agents Ink!" They had in interest in my genre so I sent a query and they sent me a letter back requesting the first three chapters.

however had I known they charged a "handling fee" I wouldnt have even queried in the first place.