• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

In search of a beta for YA fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished my second round of edits for my YA fantasy, War of the Gods, and my eyeballs feel like they are going to melt and my brain is mush.

Needless to say I need a fresh set of eyes.

What am I looking for in a beta reader...well someone who is honest but not horribly mean. I can take constructive criticism, what I don't like is deconstructive. I would like to know if the story flows well, there aren't glaring offenses throughout, and that it it enjoyable.

About the book:

She was born a goddess, but raised as a mortal.

16-year old Mia Grey is as far from normal as any girl can be, and she does not know it yet. Mia’s life begins to change in ways she never dreamed when her migraines begin to transport her to another time and place. She eventually comes to realize that nothing is ever what it seems, and her life has been nothing but lies. Mia is informed that she is the only hope for all humankind. Not even the great Greek Gods can stop the coming doom.

Leaving behind everything, she heads to Greece for what she thought was a family vacation. Meeting the gorgeous twins Adrian and Adronis was more than luck. It was planned. What was not planned was Mia and Adrian falling in love.

Time is short. The world is crumbling around her. Mia must save humanity and her budding relationship, or lose everyone and everything she loves.

Thanks to anyone who volunteers or even takes a peek at my post!

Status
Not open for further replies.