Hello?

Reaction score
I was thinking that titling an "I'm now saying hello for the first time thread" hello is now somewhat cliche so I added a question mark. Now that the over-explanation of title choice is out of the way...

My name is Corey and I'm kind of new to this whole writing thing. I discovered I really enjoy it when I started college about two years ago. Much to my surprise I got praise in all my english classes so far and won my college's most recent poetry slam competition. This is my attempt to workshop my own stuff and read/help with other people's work.

(My college's writing club consists of only 3 other members, the english department chair, and me so I'm in dire need of fresh ideas/faces)

Can't wait to get involved around the water-cooler!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

Finis

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome both new person and new writer :D

I'd definitely check out the Show your Work forums, and take part in the genre discussion threads. I am not a poet, so I can not vouch for the activity level of the poetry areas, but the Novel and Query Letter hall (where I've been hanging out) seem pretty active.

Hello!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Corey!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I know how it can feel to have a small writing club. The one at my school was pretty small, too. I made some good friends there, though.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: There's lots of cool stuff and helpful info on the site. Enjoy poking around!

Reaction score
Not many faces here but lots of everything else.

Haha true, figuratively I meant

I'd definitely check out the Show your Work forums, and take part in the genre discussion threads. I am not a poet, so I can not vouch for the activity level of the poetry areas, but the Novel and Query Letter hall (where I've been hanging out) seem pretty active.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out.

Welcome. I know how it can feel to have a small writing club. The one at my school was pretty small, too. I made some good friends there, though.

Same here, and as a small group we get to chill with our department chair, which is pretty nice supposing I want his job eventually!