Registered
Reaction score
obama_gun_zps37a493ac.jpeg

"What do I use for target practice? My Nobel Peace Prize, of course."

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Why am I holding this? I do have a big penis.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
"See? Make Biden laugh at the right time and he blows Coke just like this exhaust gas!"

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
"Why am I doing this? I don't need any votes."

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
"After the impassioned national reaction to Sandy Hook, Obama's Press Secretary finally caves in to demands from the Press Corps that the White House should release an official photo of President Obama engaged in one of his favorite (although rarely admitted to) Camp David passtimes: skeet shooting. So yes, the man who wants to control gun ownership is a gun owner himself."

What -- it was supposed to be funny???

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Based on the photo, he either doesn't shoot skeet "all the time" or he is a terrible shot (or both).
The stock is way too high in his shoulder- causing a black and blue shoulder if he shoots a lot.
He should be leaning into the shot, not standing upright.
Usually you shoot at clay pigeons when they are elevated...not level the way he is pointing. Waiting until the target is near the ground indicates a poor shooter.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Based on the photo, he either doesn't shoot skeet "all the time" or he is a terrible shot (or both).
The stock is way too high in his shoulder- causing a black and blue shoulder if he shoots a lot.
Usually you shoot at clay pigeons when they are elevated...not level the way he is pointing. Waiting until the target is near the ground indicates a poor shooter.

To be fair, I don't think he has much time to practice...

Seraph

Registered
Reaction score
"There, now I can say I tried one before ordering them all put into piles for the gun burnings."

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score

It's not like you have to be good at something just to enjoy it.

I write, for instance.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

"Damn! Cantor's a lot faster than Boehner and McConnell..."

It occurs to me The White House releasing a photo of Obama shooting doesn't really help his push for tighter restrictions on guns and frankly, kind of makes him look like he has to prove something to someone.

Whether its Michael Dukakis looking like Snoopy in a tank, John Kerry windsurfing, George H.W. Bush looking amazed at a cash register or George W. Bush in his Top Gun gear, these photo-ops have a bad habit of backfiring on the politicians posing for them.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com

I've been talking with other gun owners on the intertubes. They all agree. But if that rifle is a .22, the recoil should be pretty light, sparing his shoulder. (Anyone know if that rifle is a .22? I know I can't tell.)

As far as the targets -- I went back to the official White House Flickr page where this official White House photo has been posted. The official caption to this official photo reads as follows:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/8436110735/in/photostream/

P080412PS-0464

President Barack Obama shoots clay targets on the range at Camp David, Md., Saturday, Aug. 4, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

So it says "clay targets" but does NOT say the targets are airborn skeets. Possibly stationary clay targets??

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score

Skeet! UR Doin' It Wrong

"Scratch one Domestic Terrorist."

"Fuck Bipartisanship!"

"What gun laws? If the President does it, it's not illegal. I have Tricky Dick to thank for that."

"Mr. President? It's the Nobel Committee on the phone. They want their medal back."