Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Banshee?

Banshee?

Didn't find a thread on this show either. Anyhow watching "Banshee?" It's another show from Alan Bell so....there is at LEAST one graphic sex scene per episode and lots of people get the snot beat out of them.

Fun show!
    When Harmony Jane Jones loses her cat, her car, her job and her boyfriend, all within the space of a week, she does what any 20-something woman would do. She runs away and joins the circus.

practical experience, FTW
    I'm watching it and can't tell you why. I like anti-heroes.
    My Blog: rvdoon.com

Who let this guy in...? JohnnyGottaKeyboard's Avatar
    On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter grew too loud...
    Resurrecting this old thread because we just got three free months of HBO/Showtime/Cinemax and, having caught up on Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, I decided to binge this.

I'm up to episode 5 and not sure I'll keep at it. The sex and violence (especially the violence, amazingly) is so over-the-top as to be almost cartoonish. And the town of Banshee seems to exist in some parallel universe without any notion of an outside world. It's like a very dark version of The Librarians or Leverage without the humor.

Anyone know, is it worth it to keep going? Is there a nice payoff?
    "C'mon o'er here, sweetums. Get down on your knees and--yeah, just shove them old magazines aside--get down there and lick my--no, them ain't nothing but cans I ain't yet took to the recycling. Here, how's about you put this blindfold on and stop with all the questions?"

"Oh, my!" said Annamae.
    ~ 50 Shades of Faded Denim

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin csdemel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGottaKeyboard View Post
    The sex and violence (especially the violence, amazingly) is so over-the-top as to be almost cartoonish.
    That about sums it up. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

season 3 finished last night, and let me just say, my god, what a firecracker of a show. It has a very raw feel to it. If you can come to terms with the show's overall 'ridiculous' factor, it's a hell of a ride.

Can't wait for next season.

figuring it all out
    I've only seen the first season, but I was sold after the pilot. I like the tension and suspense, and maybe I'm weird but I got hooked after the episode with the UFC fighter. Not a lot of shows tackle subject matter like that, which is one reason I love Banshee. That, and the season finale was amazing. haha

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin csdemel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcClaren View Post
    That, and the season finale was amazing. haha
    The scene with the rocket launcher...I was laughing so hard. So dumb, and so awesome.