Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Draft2Digital

practical experience, FTW Al Stevens's Avatar

Draft2Digital

https://www.draft2digital.com/

I learned about this new outfit from comments made here. I was having some Smashwords problems--a combination of my glitch and their unresponsiveness--so I signed up for Draft2Digital to get my titles onto the iBookStore.

Smooth and fast. It took less than half an hour to get the JFK novel published and less than an hour to solve a technical epub problem with the help of Kris, the CEO.

Recommended.

practical experience, FTW oakbark's Avatar
    I'll second that. I recently registered without any problems and was fairly impressed with their prompt handling of my w8ben (I live in EU so for tax treaty purposes). Took less than a day, all cleared.

Very quick and hassle-free communication, draft2digital gets my thumbs up too!
    Drifting away from 'ya

My Housemate used them and she glitched their system because she had Win 8 & Word 13. It took them all of 3 days to patch their system and her to get the book up. She dealt with the same responsive, courteous person throughout the entire process--and the woman emailed a "Congrats! It's up!" as soon as it was cleared.

We're very impressed with it on all fronts.
    My blog: Myth Mugger

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
    Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here

Info on my avatar

I'm thinking of using them for some upcoming self-pub releases. They seem straightforward, competent, and friendly.

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

Alas, they say it may take up to 10 weeks for Apple to approve my work for the iBookstore. Sigh. I'm looking forward to being as happy with D2D as everyone else ... in about December.

They told us it could take 10 weeks too--but it only took 10 or so days for us to get in there.

I think they tell you 10 weeks just in case things go really bad. But Apple is the hardest to get onto, FWIW.
    My blog: Myth Mugger

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
    Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here

Info on my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeleyanLee View Post
    I think they tell you 10 weeks just in case things go really bad. But Apple is the hardest to get onto, FWIW.
    I waited 7+ weeks at Smashwords and still couldn't get into the iBookstore. Then gave up in exasperation and tried D2D. 4 weeks later, still nothing happening. I might just be cursed - I emailed D2D and they told me the wait was normal, so it seems like there's nothing anyone can do.