Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fagin February 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

possibly lost; not sure yet lizmonster's Avatar
    Awesome words, everyone! And yay, Saoirse, for your perseverance. Hope you are feeling 100% soon.

Read through another chunk today. Bits of it aren't bad, but boy, I am seeing the gaps. More work to be done than I'd thought, maybe; but I'm actually feeling pretty good about the state it's in. Worth making the effort.
    Last edited by lizmonster; 02-05-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Me grammar no good.
    August goal: Submit Book 2, and deal with any revisions that come back
    Forthcoming: The Cold Between - military SF, Harper Voyager US/UK ~2016
    onesecondglance wrote my book a theme song!
    WIP: Blinding Faith (tentative) - SF/space opera, longer than it should be/120,000

Blog | Twitter

pretending to be awake onesecondglance's Avatar
    Nuthin' yesterday. Got home late from work and brain was all mush. Bah.
    Λrchangel: near-future SF noir
    Bleed Through: multiverse thriller with a side of vampires. | 42,500 / 100,000 (hey look it went up)

I write music. | I gave in and joined twitter. | And I have a blog too.

standing on head, typing one-handed... muse's Avatar
    I'm spending the next few days reading over what I've already written. Because I've taken so long to get to the end I've almost forgotten what happened earlier in the WIP. I need to refresh my memory. Plus, the urge to edit is just so overwhelming I have to do it.

Guess it will be minus words for a bit.
    My short story, A Killer Week, is now available to read in the Anthology Crime After Crime out NOW in paperback and e-book format from Bridge House Publishing

Twitter
    Pinterest

Quote Originally Posted by muse View Post
    I'm spending the next few days reading over what I've already written. Because I've taken so long to get to the end I've almost forgotten what happened earlier in the WIP. I need to refresh my memory. Plus, the urge to edit is just so overwhelming I have to do it.

Guess it will be minus words for a bit.
    Kind of same here. I've been away from the WIP so long because of illness I have no idea what was going on, even with a really detailed outline, so I'm re-reading. Unfortunately what I've re-read so far this afternoon is utterly
    The blog for work - ghosts, legends and all manner of things in Prague: McGee's Ghost Tours of Prague Latest post - Underground Prague
    My story "Full Moon" available here.

Looks like I'm not the only one coming off a long hiatus. Glad to see so many familiar "faces" here and the newer ones.

Zelenka--sorry to hear you've been ill.

1312 words for me today.
    Bridal Bouquet Shop Mystery series
    Bloom and Doom

For Whom the Bluebell Tolls
    Floral Depravity (coming October 2015)

practical experience, FTW
    2 pages again and everything going to plan. New character arrived in my book and even he is a cop, not sure if I like the guy.

pretending to be awake onesecondglance's Avatar
    Congrats to everyone pumping those words in. Second day on the trot it's a zero from me. Work is kicking my arse at the moment.
    Λrchangel: near-future SF noir
    Bleed Through: multiverse thriller with a side of vampires. | 42,500 / 100,000 (hey look it went up)

I write music. | I gave in and joined twitter. | And I have a blog too.

As expected I scrapped yesterday's effort and managed 724 words. Better start to the chapter and throws in a sweet little moment between my main characters.

Making my own sunshine AW Moderator heyjude's Avatar
    I wrote 267 today and did loads of research into breaking into houses.

Researching History's Mysteries HistorySleuth's Avatar
    I'm jumping back in here since I feel I've been out of touch with all of my buds and it helps to have to report so I feel like I'm making progress with things.

I'm blogging again after about six years. I didn't get the point of it before. Now I am enjoying it. So I'll have words to report with that.

My big goal for this month is retyping to put my Murders of Polly Frisch book in digital format. I want that done before anything else. I say retype as the original files sent to the printer were on zip disks and I haven't heard back yet from the IT dept at work if they can open them.

I have the hard copies on Amazon now, then do ebooks, then contact the lawyer back and go ahead with going after the guy who plagiarized said book.

After the above is taken care of I'll feel comfortable with moving on to FINALLY finish editing the Indian land title book in my siggy which has suffered from one delay after another. It could have been fate with that as right now with the Indian movement (Idle No More) which began last October, the timing would be perfect for a book like this. So I'll have edits to report too.

That is my plan.
    Blog Twitter @HistorySleuth1
    RIGHT OF THE SOIL (Editing)
    Bread & Butter the Murders of Polly Frisch

On Amazon.

3,359 today. Rewriting Chapter Two, since I reread what I had and it sucked big time. Now I think I have stuff in a more plausible order. Spent more time trying to figure out when the 'night' cycle of the Moon would come than I did writing though.
    The blog for work - ghosts, legends and all manner of things in Prague: McGee's Ghost Tours of Prague Latest post - Underground Prague
    My story "Full Moon" available here.

Stopped a few chapters short of the end. I'm finding lots of stuff that can go, and making some replotting notes. But I have to admit, more of it works than I had remembered. It seems a bit narcissistic, but I was kind of entertained while I was reading!

Great words, all.
    WIP: Blinding Faith (tentative) - SF/space opera, longer than it should be/120,000

Blog | Twitter

practical experience, FTW wonderactivist's Avatar
    History, if we buy the book thru Amazon, can you sign it or does it ship from elsewhere? I am a word wimp today. Must. Turn. Off. Internet.
    Suspense author and freelance writer. Check out my words at reverse perspective.

Wonder, it comes from me so signed by me and my co-author. Thanks for asking.

Got through retyping the beginning stuff and the prologue. Wish I would have done better in typing class in high school. I'm not that fast with the reading and typing stuff.

On Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by heyjude View Post
    ...did loads of research into breaking into houses.
    Theory or practical?

Only 44 words yesterday. Did much better today with 1240. I'm 400 words away from the 30K mark. I might try and get there later tonight.

Still have the migraine and the vertigo. This is day 4. Starting to get worried.

Wrote 2 sentences last night, hated them, and stopped writing for the night. Just wasn't feeling it. Tonight I want to start handwriting everything. This hiatus is killing me.
    Blog: http://erinkendall.wordpress.com

WIPs
    Fireborn - fantasy novella, first draft
    Survivor, psych horror, in rewrite
    Covenant, dark fantasy, stealthily writing now

In Flames - flash anthology, available now! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/349458
    Grave Touched - available now! http://www.turtleduckpress.com/toybox/index.php/grave-touched-menu

Making my own sunshine AW Moderator heyjude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_s View Post
    Theory or practical?
    Theory! Of course!

Mostly!

Good for you franky!

Saoirse, I hate migraines, I can relate. It makes it hard to use the eyes. At least with handwriting you won't have the computer glare. You can even write in the dark.

On Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by heyjude View Post
    Theory! Of course!

Mostly!

I believe you, millions wouldn't.

Self-Banned
    Saoirse - hope you feel better soon, hun.

wd franky. History, I'm watching the post for your book (and Perks' as well )

I got 1100ish words today, but more importantly I might have made a time-jump I needed to make. I won't know until I come back in a few days time, and in the meantime I have to just take it on trust and keep on writing. Hate it when that happens.

ETA: Waaah!!!! You're not my friend anymore, Book.

*foot-stomping*

Last edited by mccardey; 02-06-2013 at 08:54 PM.

practical experience, FTW wonderactivist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorySleuth View Post
    Wonder, it comes from me so signed by me and my co-author.
    Yay!

I have this scene in my head that so far defies words. I suppose once I get it down it will be fab because the harder it is to write, etc. Please send Hemingway genes to Oklahoma.
    Last edited by wonderactivist; 02-06-2013 at 09:54 PM.
    Suspense author and freelance writer. Check out my words at reverse perspective.

standing on head, typing one-handed... muse's Avatar
    I see we have people struggling, foot-stomping and practicing grand larceny under the guise of research.

Looks like franky, HS and Liz are only ones with words under their belt.

Still have the migraine and the vertigo. This is day 4. Starting to get worried.
    Have you seen the doc, Saoirse? And if so, did he give you a time-frame for the tabs to kick in? If not, maybe you should go see someone. Get better soon.

I've had an itchy brain today. It doesn't want to settle on my WIP or my first MS that I'm trying to sub, so I've let it loose among my short story ideas and I'm beginning to get a little worried that there's an incy wincy psychopath lurking within its membranes.

(Wow, this post is the most I've written all day.)
    My short story, A Killer Week, is now available to read in the Anthology Crime After Crime out NOW in paperback and e-book format from Bridge House Publishing

Twitter
    Pinterest

Have you seen the doc, Saoirse? And if so, did he give you a time-frame for the tabs to kick in? If not, maybe you should go see someone. Get better soon.
    Ditto. Four days, time to bug your doctor. And hang in there!

Looks like franky, HS and Liz are only ones with words under their belt.
    In the interests of total honesty, I have not written a word - I've just re-read all the words I had before.

I finished my read-through today, over lunch. Found more bloat, but also found more bits I quite like. I'm thinking I'll be able to shave off several thousand words - but that's before I get into some of the plot revisions I want to do.

Next step is to go over (and organize) my beta feedback. Some of it I haven't read yet. I think I will wait until tomorrow, and give myself today to be pretty happy with what I've got.

Blog | Twitter

practical experience, FTW
    I have written a page, so not my strongest day but hey, I am on a new chapter.

233 words today.

You know that feeling of knowing what you want to write but it is hard to actually get it out? Yeah, that was the scene I was writing tonight!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast