wholesome midwestern newbie here

A Li Shan

Dr. Sniffles will see you now.
Registered
Reaction score
Ringu alone in the dark...you are a very brave individual :). It's one of the creepiest/scariest movies I have seen...and I love every minute of it :) . But, it could be said I scare somewhat easily. Which just might make my love of horror seem a little strange.

Yeah, similar psychological profile here. When my first daughter was a newborn (born in Tokyo) I used to have to get up several times a night and walk through our dark apartment (diapers. etc.), and every single time I could feel Sadako brushing past me in the dark. Do you write horror or ghost stories? We should talk!

Zoro

Registered
Reaction score
It's funny how certain images/scenes stay with you over the years..especially when it comes to the horror genre. When I was a kid I watched a horror movie (for the life of me I no longer have any idea what it was) but in it a "monster" came out of a drain in a basement. We had a very similar drain in our basement, and my bedroom was the only one down there. It took a lot of growing up before I was comfortable going anywhere near that drain after dark :D .

I actually write fantasy...though I would like to believe it falls on the darker side of the genre. And there are some ghosts :)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from another Midwesterner (Missouri in my case).

kenebaker

Master of Meh!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kenebaker.com
Wow. She animates and she writes - very impressive. I can't even draw stick men, ha ha. Welcome to the forums, hope you have a great time here.

A Li Shan

Dr. Sniffles will see you now.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. She animates and she writes - very impressive. I can't even draw stick men, ha ha. Welcome to the forums, hope you have a great time here.

Hey kenebaker! I ran the animation workshop, wrote the scripts, and ordered the animators around!! I can't draw for shite : ) Thanks for the welcome! See you around.

Nick12

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Allison, welcome to AW. I also found it to be pretty incredible when I stumbled upon it. I can't even remember how I did. But enough about me.

Hope to hear from you around the boards. Have a nice day.