The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Blythe Daniel Literary Agency

Blythe Daniel Literary Agency

Didn't see this one either.

http://www.theblythedanielagency.com/about/

Anybody know anything about them?
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

My YA novel, FIX ME is coming from Flux Books November 2017

She seems to do alot of non-agent work, and then a very narrow field of agenting (Christian and general fiction only). Her clients seem to have a lot of experience in the Christian community so I'd guess she values queries from writers with lots of experience in their bio paragraph.

I can't comment on her book sales because all the presses mentioned are unfamiliar to me.
    Website/Blog | Twitter | Instagram (Dog Pics!)
    New avatar by Britt. Still the same teademon.

I'm NaNoWriMo-ing!

NaNo-WIP:
    HEDGEWITCH PROJECT (F/F Urban Fantasy)
    WIP2: DIVIDE (M/M Urban Fantasy)

Yeah, I've heard of Thomas Nelson, Abingdon and Andrews McMeel but not the others.

I was looking to submit to Jessica Kirkland since she handles YA fiction, but she doesn't have a whole ton of credentials. Plus there's a few errors on the site too, which makes me pause.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

Does your YA have a Christian message? Looking at her bio, I suspect that's the only type of YA she'd be interested in.
    Website/Blog | Twitter | Instagram (Dog Pics!)
    New avatar by Britt. Still the same teademon.

I'm NaNoWriMo-ing!

NaNo-WIP:
    HEDGEWITCH PROJECT (F/F Urban Fantasy)
    WIP2: DIVIDE (M/M Urban Fantasy)

Actually she wanted me to call her, so I did and she was very informative. Yes, she deals mostly with the Christian market, but also has some connections with the general market. But the Christian thing is her strong suit.

My book can maybe be for the Christian market, not too sure. It deals with real life problems and has a optimistic ending. But there's swearing so, I would have to tone that down I think.

Jessica's new to agenting, only a year, but she sounds really eager, so that can be a good thing.

I'll give an update as to how it goes. So far it looks promising.

Twitter

Moderator In Name Only AW Moderator Roger J Carlson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    My book can maybe be for the Christian market, not too sure. It deals with real life problems and has a optimistic ending. But there's swearing so, I would have to tone that down I think.
    I'm skeptical that a book written from a secular perspective can be rewritten for the Christian market by just cleaning up the language. Christian fiction is in many ways a world unto itself. Most CBA publishers want fiction with a Christian World View (the capitalization is intentional). That means that the book must be written from a perspective that assumes: 1) Christianity* is correct, and 2) the solutions offered by Christianity are correct. This world view must permeate the entire book.

*By Christianity, I mean primarily Evangelical Christianity.
    --Roger J. Carlson

Thanks, Roger. Yeah, I don't think it would fit. I volunteered that I had another YA and she seemed interested in both. But she wanted me to email her with a query of that too and then she said she'll decide which one for the full. (or maybe neither, I don't know.)

It was just really cool to talk to an agent about my books. I was impressed by her too, even if nothing more happens on it.

Twitter