Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: No Script Frenzy, now what?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin hauntedwriter's Avatar

No Script Frenzy, now what?

I was excited to do the 2013 Script Frenzy challenge this year. I never really competed based on the fact of either to much work or in the middle of writing a different screenplay.

I'm about to finish my screenplay. February 1st is my deadline and so far it's looking like I may get done sooner. I was hoping to start figuring out ideas and stuff to do Script Frenzy this year then realized that it's no more...

I like the idea of trying to finish something in a month like NaNoWriMo with the support system of a bunch of people doing it also, so does anyone know if there is something similar out there?

I haven't really looked but I haven't really found anything either. I'm bummed about no SF this year, but I totally understand why OLL suspended it/stopped it as it nver did attract the attention that NANOWRIMO did and thye want to focus on that and their NaNoWriMo bootcamps
    In The Shadow Of The Cross-Coming Soon from The Script Co.

Based On The...-Black Box Theatre Publishing

Allie In Wonderland and The Absolutely True Story of Tom Sawyer as Told by Becky Thatcher-Heartland Play Publishers

Blogging AT

Scribbler SuperModerator dpaterso's Avatar
    We have the NaNoWriMo and Beyond forum on AW, which I'm sure could easily stand to have a Script Frenzy type thread squeezed in there! Why not start one and see if we have any interested players?

(I could have just moved this thread there, but I didn't want it to get out of sight.)

-Derek
    Check out Bunneh's MS Wish List site!
    Agent "want" tweets and word wars!

Check out my story in Timeless Tales Magazine's Perseus & Medusa issue!
    My web page! | My Sci-Fi webcomics!

I got an email from Nanowrimo/script frenzy that There will be an option for a script emphasis during their Camp Wrimos
    In The Shadow Of The Cross-Coming Soon from The Script Co.

Based On The...-Black Box Theatre Publishing

Allie In Wonderland and The Absolutely True Story of Tom Sawyer as Told by Becky Thatcher-Heartland Play Publishers

Blogging AT