• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Samhain Publishing

Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
Christine, I write Historical Romance. I'm sorry I left out that important infomation.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I suggest you follow up and ask. my feeling is the mean technical in the writing. As in grammar, puctuation, continuity?

Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
I thought of asking, but thought it to bold and might offend the publisher if I did. But then again, I guess I have nothing to lose by asking.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I got my Samhain rejection today. But they took the time to tell me some things that were wrong with the novel. She liked the opening but I had some smaller issues later in the first couple of chapters (they had the prologue and first 3 chapters)...there were also a few problems with POV.

It was definitely one of the most helpful rejections I've ever recieved!

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with you, Toni. They seem to be selective and they impress me. Not many small publishers do these days.

I think they will do well, which they must be, of course, as they're on RWA's list.

Cheers, Josie

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
It's a...

YES!

The editor liked the revised manuscript, and wants to put CROWN OF ZEUS on the schedule for '08! I have three agents and two other publishers who have the manuscript.

So now, I have publishers and agents to notify. Do I want to wait on them or do I want to take the bird in the hand? All of the Samhain authors here have nothing but praise for them.

You guys like working with them, they do right by your book? Honest now. Do I take this deal and run?

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
It's a...

YES!

The editor liked the revised manuscript, and wants to put CROWN OF ZEUS on the schedule for '08! I have three agents and two other publishers who have the manuscript.

So now, I have publishers and agents to notify. Do I want to wait on them or do I want to take the bird in the hand? All of the Samhain authors here have nothing but praise for them.

You guys like working with them, they do right by your book? Honest now. Do I take this deal and run?

:partyguy: That's good news Christine! I'm so happy for you! If it was me, yes I would take it. But you do what you think is best for you and your work!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Depends on whether one of those publishers is a large press. I love Samhain, but the are medium press, large small press, something like that :)

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
:snoopy: Yay! I'm so happy for you, Christine! Carrie's my editor too. I just love her. She's funny and nice as can be. :)

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Christine!!! Congratulations on the Samhain acceptance.
:D
I think you'll do well with them.

Cheers, Josie