• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Samhain Publishing

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
The website seems to be down. Anyone have any insight as to the outage?
Cheers

Looks like a DNS issue to me. Maybe their hosting service moved them to an alternate server--this sometimes happens without the client knowing about it--and the DNS has gotten messed up.

It should reset in 72 hours or less time. At least in theory. Sometimes it winds up taking longer if the hosting service has buggered something up really bad.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Just a thought - you might want to query back and make sure that is *your* rejection. I know it's unlikely but you never know...

And Samhain *is* an epublisher. You mean you're going to self-publish, right?

:D

I thought she meant was going to sub to epubs that don't do print since Samhain puts all it's novels over 50,000 words into trade paperback in brick and mortar stores.

Kevans

Fish from another stream
Registered
Reaction score
We pitched a novel to Don, at World Horror this year in SLC. He asked for a full, no word yet but we are used to a year turnaround from our other publishers.

Regards,

Kevin

Sorin

Rollin' up my sleeves
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! Just wanted to jump in here and say that my novella, Ebony Nights: Advertising for Love will be published by Samhain in December. This is going to be my first published work of fiction, and I am thrilled to be working with them!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Hey, everyone! Just wanted to jump in here and say that my novella, Ebony Nights: Advertising for Love will be published by Samhain in December. This is going to be my first published work of fiction, and I am thrilled to be working with them!

Congrats!!:snoopy:

greeneyes

Registered
Reaction score

Congrats! :partyguy:

smoothseas

Life sucks... Then ya die...
Registered
Reaction score
yawn... in da land of the terminally bored.

Mazel tov!!!

Checked out your blog real quick and the banner of the skyline brought on a rush of homesickness.

Then, read your entry about the Whole Foods opening in Lincoln Park. I lived at Fullerton and Racine for 25+ years. Now, I really am homesick.

Good luck with your upcoming release!

Sorin

Rollin' up my sleeves
Registered
Reaction score
Mazel tov!!!

Checked out your blog real quick and the banner of the skyline brought on a rush of homesickness.

Then, read your entry about the Whole Foods opening in Lincoln Park. I lived at Fullerton and Racine for 25+ years. Now, I really am homesick.

Good luck with your upcoming release!

Aw, Smoothseas. Big hug!

The city does have a way of creeping into your soul, doesn't it? I've lived in many places in the US and abroad, but Chicago has always been home.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Samhain is one of the epubs I am considering submitting to. I'm working on perfecting my query and all that fun stuff.

Question for those of you who have submitted or have been accepted:

On the website, it says to include a short blurb in your email query letter and then later it says to include a blurb on the cover letter of your synopsis. Does that mean the query letter and cover letter are the same? Do I write a query letter and a cover letter with my synopsis? Am I writing the same blurb twice?

Am I overthinking this?

Thanks!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Samhain is one of the epubs I am considering submitting to. I'm working on perfecting my query and all that fun stuff.

Question for those of you who have submitted or have been accepted:

On the website, it says to include a short blurb in your email query letter and then later it says to include a blurb on the cover letter of your synopsis. Does that mean the query letter and cover letter are the same? Do I write a query letter and a cover letter with my synopsis? Am I writing the same blurb twice?

Am I overthinking this?

Thanks!

I put the blurb in the email query, then I pasted it on the cover PAGE of the longer synopsis, i.e. the page with your contact info and title of book, etc. Then the synopsis starts on the 2nd page. Hope this helps. Good luck with your submission!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I put the blurb in the email query, then I pasted it on the cover PAGE of the longer synopsis, i.e. the page with your contact info and title of book, etc. Then the synopsis starts on the 2nd page. Hope this helps. Good luck with your submission!

I did the same thing. My guess is it's so the person reading it has the blurb right there in case they're reading it on a Kindle or hard copy or something. Maybe? I don't know. But yeah, copy and paste it on the cover page of the synopsis.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com

I did the same thing. My guess is it's so the person reading it has the blurb right there in case they're reading it on a Kindle or hard copy or something. Maybe? I don't know. But yeah, copy and paste it on the cover page of the synopsis.

Thanks to you both! That's what I'll do :)

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats so much!
My first full length novel comes out from Samhain in December and my shorter published fiction is published elsewhere so I'm new to Samhain too. I have the cover art for Wicked Wonderland already as you can see. lol

Sorin

Rollin' up my sleeves
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats so much!
My first full length novel comes out from Samhain in December and my shorter published fiction is published elsewhere so I'm new to Samhain too. I have the cover art for Wicked Wonderland already as you can see. lol

Gorgeous cover! I'm jealous that you have yours already. ;)

Welcome to another Samhain newbie!