• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Samhain Publishing

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
And I just got a note from the cover artist and I've seen what she's done. I wish I could show it to you all, but I just can't do it yet. I'm not allowed.

Once I get the okay, you'll be the first to know.

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! Congrats Christine!!!

You're right above my blogger friend Xakara, too! :-D Now I have two books to buy on that page lol.

Looking forward to the cover. I bet it's fab. :)

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Isn't it great seeing your book on the "Coming Soon" page? A couple weeks ago I linked it to everybody I knew...then I did it again when my cover became available. :D

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Since this will be an e-book release, most if not all of my marketing will be done online. Which is good, because it's mostly free :D. Interviews (I'll be the Author of the Month at Enchanting Reviews- YA in March) and probably another virtual book tour. Samhain has a good reader loop on Yahoo, with tons of people subscribed. And there will most likely be a contest with a cool giveaway. I'll probably do another Virtual Book Tour - I had a good time with the last one, but it was tiring to set up.

Lots of excerpts and stuff like that. Since there's no print version yet, it's kind of different, the marketing. Plus there are the reviews, but the lady at Samhain is in charge of all that. I have a few copies I can give to reviewers they don't use, but it's up to me and if they're not on the approved Samhain list, they won't go on the site, but I can link them to myself and put them on my personal site.

kiwiauthor

Registered
Reaction score
... gods, so much to learn. Thanks for sharing, Christine, and wish you every success. Sell, big :).

Oh, and another question. From your experience are the folks who buy e-books and like electronic formats the same readership as those who purchase print books? I'm wondering if publishing first in e-format, and later in print, effectively gives an author two bites at the cherry.

Last edited:

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Not usually. E-book readers are those that know about e-books and read them often. Romance and Erotica currently hold a large portion of the market share, which means that most of the readers I'll get with this first e-book will be from that market (so it's a good thing Samhain does a lot of romance, eh?) but there are fans of other genres that buy, sure.

Samhain books are sold at My Bookstore and More, then at Fictionwise, I think, a little while after the book comes out. And I see that at least a few of the titles are available in the Amazon Kindle store.

Print books - well, they have the store placement, so you're getting the people who wander into bookstores, or read reviews.

I don't think they're the same readership. I personally think I'll reach a whole new audience with the e-book, since this is my first big e-book release. Hopefully that'll sell my backlist.

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Christine,

I just saw your cover over at the Samhain coming soon and it is BEAUTIFUL! Simply gorgeous. :)

Congrats!

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Sorry about the rejection, Sheryl. But they ARE nice about it, aren't they?

And I love that the books are in the store. If I'm excited about February, you'd better believe I'm thrilled about next December. (it's ten months between e-book and print release).

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
Oh poo about the rejection, Sheryl. I was pulling for ya. But yay about the good personal advice they gave you! Either way, here's some chocolate for ya!

chocolate.jpg

I can't wait to dive into The Second Line. It's calling me from my read pile. :)

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
Oh man, Christine! That's one smashing cover! Well done, i'm green with envy :0)

Sheryl, so sorry about the rejection. I don't know how to virtual hug expect to do this ((( sheryl))) so thats what I'll do. Rejections hurt so bad.

Congratulations on the Mundania release! Let us know how you find them to work with, eh?

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
Christine, the Cover it wonderful. The best to you.

I too have submitted a MS back Oct. 4th and still have not heard anthing. It was the second time I had to send it in, because the first one was lost.
Sorry to hear sheryl, I wish you luck next time.

Jennifer
www.jenniferrobins.com

Last edited:

kiwiauthor

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, bumping this thread. Anyone heard anything on subs? And a question to those pubbed with Samhain. Do editors close up shop during the holiday break (i know I would), hence, those waiting for a reply shouldn't expect anything until the new year? Anyone know?

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
Still waiting while trying to pound out another book. I wish I could say it's helping to alleviate the Obsessive Email Checking Syndrome (aka OECS) but not so much. :poke:

Do editors close up shop during the holiday break (i know I would), hence, those waiting for a reply shouldn't expect anything until the new year? Anyone know?

I'd like to know the answer to this one, too!