Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: My love, another writer, has cervical cancer and I've made a fundraiser. Care to assist?

My love, another writer, has cervical cancer and I've made a fundraiser. Care to assist?

Shortly before Christmas, my girlfriend, Amy Urbanske was diagnosed with cervical cancer. She underwent a full 8 weeks of treatment only to find out they'd misdiagnoses the stage and all the money paid and time spent feeling ill due to chemo and radiation had no effect. We then brought her to the Cancer Treatment Center of America in New Mexico to have them formulate her diagnosis. She has Stage 2 cervical, which she should be able to recover fully from, but paying the bills, including rent, is becoming incredibly tough and we need to make sure she's able to rest and have as little stress as possible during these trying times.

I started up a campaign to help raise money which will help her with treatment, making her rent while sickness keeps her from working and the bills come in. Every bit helps. Even if you don’t donate money, if you could post this message elsewhere, forward it or do anything to help spread the word, that’d be amazing.

The link to our fundraising page is below. Thank you so much!

http://fundly.com/lovely-girl-amy-ur...eeds-your-help
    Last edited by M. Scott; 01-26-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Link specificity

This thread has been moved, MS, from Office Party to Bulletin Board, where other fundraising efforts have appeared in the past.

Best of luck to you and your friend.

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say. Lady MacBeth's Avatar
    Best of luck!

Like Burt Reynolds in Gator JayMan's Avatar
    Will try to help any way I can. Good luck to her.

Seems to be some misstep in donating online, which happens around here-- is there an address to which we could mail a check? If not, we'll try again. . .

All positive vibes in Amy's direction. What a beautiful girl (and a redhead, no less!) -- please tell her we love the cute jack-o-lantern shirt.

We will post her info on the bulletin board here at the First Cathedral and see what happens.

Good luck!
    Read Russ Paladin's work in The Brasilia Review:

http://www.brasiliareview.org/wordpr...-dr-lovecraft/

http://www.brasiliareview.org/wordpr...-the-falconer/

and in the March 2015 issue of DISTURBED Digest,
    in trade paperback from Alban Lake Publishing--

http://albanlake.com/march-2015/

. . .for a bit of darkness. . .

Dr. Sniffles will see you now. A Li Shan's Avatar
    I just made a donation. Praying for her healing.
    Allison: born in the Year of the Horse, in the Month of the Snake, on the Day of the Horse, in the Hour of the Tiger. That's me.

Non-fiction: A Portrait of the Artist as an Old Man: Jing Hao and his Works

Horror genre: The Valley View Haunting

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood 10trackers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kobold View Post
    Seems to be some misstep in donating online, which happens around here-- is there an address to which we could mail a check? If not, we'll try again. . .
    Here too. Was unable to donate online, will try again tomorrow. I've tweeted the link to my followers (not that I have a lot of 'em, but still).

Wishing you and Amy all the strength and keeping you guys in my thoughts.
    Twitter
    Blog

New Blog Post: Interview with Regan Summers
    Older Blog Post: Inside the WIP Machine

Projects:
    The Saga of EvilPants: querying
    CrazyPants: Finished at 110K, revising
    Love Shack: 21/90K
    CombatPants: 5/90K

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
    To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post

10s

Cancer Donations

Greetings to my fellow AW members,

I've been off the threads a few too many months, namely because life has been being a pain in my and my girlfriend's backside. To make a long story short, right around Christmas, she went to the gynocologist and was expecting a basic appointment. Nope. They came up with "cervical" cancer as a diagnosis. Not so bad. She did the 8 weeks of treatment and went back in to found it had spread during the treatment. The doctors jumped on it and went for a more intensive treatment. And...it still got worse. Even though the finances were a strain and she didn't feel like going though more treatment if it just kept getting worse, we sent her over to The Cancer Treatment Center of America in New Mexico. The cancer kept doing the same thing...so they finally realized it was uterine that'd traveled to the cervix. Time to start treatment all over again!

Anyway, she's now in the chemo stage and in 2 weeks it'll be a solid five months of treatment. They'd usually start removing organs with where she was at, but she's only 26, so that option is usually for people over 50. In two week she'll have had a solid five months of treatment.

To show my support, I've made a facebook group people can leave encouraging messages on. I've also created a donation page.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmyUrbanske...gUterineCancer

Donations: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/0UZG3

And, if you want to see any of her writing, it's at http://www.amazon.com/Amy-Croall/e/B008C9UI8K

It's under her old last name, since she's previously divorced and was publishing then.

Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

My prayers and blessings for you and your lady.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
    "The only freedom any of us ever has is the freedom to choose how we will not be free."

What a horror story. Prayers sent your guy's way.
    2015 AW POETRY CONTEST -- SPACE...(It's happening NOW, folks!)

"Hmmm .... Duchess after much thought you are clearly the Tribal Sage." Neporsche, Tribal Scribe

“Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.” –Khalil Gibran

Thanks guys!

I'm sort of tripping out at the moment. Just enough money to cover the next couple weeks...barely. Don't have enough on-hand to get her home on the 3rd. She should be done with all treatment stuff then, but...fuck.

Tell it like it Is Susan Littlefield's Avatar
    My prayers are with you and your loved one, M. Scott.
    Susan

Please visit my website: http://www.susanlittlefield.blogspot.com/

practical experience, FTW
    many hugs and prayers. As a cancer survivor I know how difficult this can be.

Banned for Spamming

I posted the link on my social media profiles

Best of luck for everything. I wish your girlfriend can get well soon and I am sure people will help you, I am just a student not doing any job. Otherwise, I would love to help you. I am posting the link on my facebook, twitter and other social media profiles.