Evil Sisters

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
A while back I asked for some help coming up with some examples in literature, film or mythology of sisters betraying their brothers. I got some good examples from people but unfortunately none really fit with what I needed.

I figured I'd expand a little bit and just go for examples of evil sisters. I find I cannot think of any good ones besides Morgana so any help would be greatly appreciated.

lbender

Registered
Reaction score
Do you mean evil sisters of good brothers or sisters, or just women who are sisters and are evil, regardless of the quality of their siblings?

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Or are you asking about siblings betraying each other. Do they have to be 'evil'?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
There's an awesome X-Files episode called 'Eve,' though as with the above posters' questions, I'm not exactly sure if it's what you're looking for.

Chris Carter ended up a mess, but his devotion to writing actually full-on homicidal or evil kids and to offing kids onscreen was admirable, imo. Just as most people shy away from it, even if they feel it fits the story.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Ballads are full of evil sisters. In "The Two Sisters," frex, the older sister pushes the younger into the river and watches her drown (& that's just the beginning -- in at least 1 version, musicians find the drowned body and make a harp of the bones and hair, & the skeleton harp tells the story of how she died). Folklore & "fairy tales" are also full of evil sisters (again, it's often an elder sister who is jealous of a younger & does something dreadful to her, more rarely the other way round).

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Do you mean evil sisters of good brothers or sisters, or just women who are sisters and are evil, regardless of the quality of their siblings?

basically this, but let me set up why I need it.

This is a YA mystery. My MC is looking into the death of a schoolmate. He finds a name written down in the schoolmate's notes (the name I am looking for but don't have yet). He spends some time looking for this person but never finds her. Cut to the end when you find that the schoolmate's sister killed her brother because he found out what she was involved in. The MC knows what happened but has no evidence. But he ends up with the schoolmates' computer and finds encrypted files on it but needs a password to unlock and he'll find evidence of what the sister was involved in. I want the password to be the evil sister name I am looking for since it unlocks files proving the bad things his sister did.

re-reading that I'm not sure how clear that it but it's the best I can do. T

Sunflowerrei

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleathy.com
Briony Tallis in Atonement by Ian McEwan did something that could be construed as evil to her older sister Cecilia (well, really, to the love of Cecilia's life). And Scarlett O'Hara wasn't very nice to her sisters, was she?

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
King Arthur's sister Morgaine?

EDIT: Oh snap, I should read further. Never mind.

Last edited:

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
Aren't there sisters in Wicked?

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
King Lear's daughters Goneril and Regan - Cordelia is the youngest and 'goodest' of the daughters. They are all dead at the end of the play.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like Pretty Little Liars. And your second post doesn't make me think the sister is 'evil' so much as either desparate or frightened. A person doesn't have to be evil to do something people might consider evil.

What was the sister doing that made her kill her brother when he got too close? Heck, the brother could've been the 'evil' one in this case.