blondie, it don't look good however
you spin it. =(

haupe--media circus. at the same
internets explosion. it is crazy.

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Late happy birthday to Dragon and still-on-time happy book birthday to Lily!

All this talk about the guy in SoCal has me remembering how scary it was in DC when the sniper was on the loose. No one knew anything about the guy. They told us completely incorrect info about him driving around in a white paneled van. It got to the point that I ducked behind my car at the gas station every time a Fedex truck drove by. Sounds funny now, but there was nothing amusing about the anxiety it caused at the time. So be safe CA purgies and know they will catch him soon.

Here in DC we are also missing the snow burying our friends to the north. Y'all take care too.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
((((Caleb)))) - that's utterly unacceptable. Employers should not screw around with employee's money. So sorry!

HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY, LILY!!!

Here's to awesome sales and a shiny new contract, post-haste!

Tas, that is utterly bizarre....

Mayqueen, hugs to you and the kitty. Hope the little guy is okay.

Elisabetta, migraines = UGH! Are you feeling better today?

Xiao, is there new violence in Mexico? Ashamed to say I haven't really been paying attention. But you're going to San Miguel, right? That should be fine.

Me: working on page proofs. That is all.

Oh, wait, it's NOT all. I started one-one-one Skype Chinese lessons, with teachers in Xian. I'm...psyched! I need to keep my head busy. It's good for me.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
mike, i remember that. it was super
scary. and what ever happened to the sniper
guy? i don't remember that part!

the people online who say that fugitive
only after cops are fools. like there aren't
stray bullets, and getting caught in the
cross fire, or shot at by jumpy policemen.

lisa, yes, my region is designated as "safe",
but i'm talking about everything and anything
when it comes to traveling. (you are much
braver than i am!)

also, yeah, some bad stuff went down with
tourists in aculpuco this week.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the reps and comments about my cat, everyone. I just got home from work and I'm about to take him to the vet.

Lily, the Universe is listening!! These won't be your only three books. No way! : )

Elisabetta, migraines are the worst. I hate the two-day ones especially. I hope you feel better!

Caleb, ugh. There's a special hell for lunch-stealers. And I hope you get paid!

I like Tas's solution to lunch-stealers. : )

East-coasters, be safe out there!!!

xiaotien

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
yes! that super storm looks
scary. i hope it doesn't hit as hard
as they think it will. stay warm and
stay safe.

phoenix

rising from the ashes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmichalski.com
Morning purgies!

HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY LILY!
Gonna order my copy this weekend!:D

Thanks for the reps and comments about my cat, everyone. I just got home from work and I'm about to take him to the vet.

Lily, the Universe is listening!! These won't be your only three books. No way! : )

Elisabetta, migraines are the worst. I hate the two-day ones especially. I hope you feel better!

Caleb, ugh. There's a special hell for lunch-stealers. And I hope you get paid!

I like Tas's solution to lunch-stealers. : )

East-coasters, be safe out there!!!

Stealing both of these, and adding good wishes for your cat.

Children and husband at home today, so I actually braved the snow and did a three-mile hike. It was peaceful, except for the dog. : )

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
A very merry book birthday to Lily! You did it not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES. There will certainly be more. :)

Also, to everyone, all of your coworkers are insane. Are you sure it's not you guys infecting them? ;) I've been at some places with nutty coworkers, but never anyone who was actually malicious. Oh, no wait - one time yes, that was the one where I just got up one day and walked out on the job. My boyfriend had to feed me for a while, but it was worth it. :)

It never rains but it pours - I spend weeks going crazy waiting for anything to HAPPEN with my book, and then it all comes in today. First thing, my mom finished reading so she sent me a nice non-crazy email. (Yay.) Then my random #1 fan on goodreads finished and gave me a very nice 4-star review (which offsets that random 3-star rating someone gave me without comment). THEN my editor sent me the back-cover copy they came up with. My reaction, unfortunately, is "meh." But I sent it to the agent and I have a few days to give them a response, which fortunately they seem open to. So we'll see.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, artsy folk!

Damsel is running a contest to see who can design some stickers for her company. The prize is a $350 gift certificate.

I'm not graphically inclined, but if any of the rest of you have some free time this weekend and want to give it a shot... I think the deadline is Monday.

Here's a link to the non-Facebook announcement.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All this talk about the guy in SoCal has me remembering how scary it was in DC when the sniper was on the loose. No one knew anything about the guy. They told us completely incorrect info about him driving around in a white paneled van. It got to the point that I ducked behind my car at the gas station every time a Fedex truck drove by. Sounds funny now, but there was nothing amusing about the anxiety it caused at the time. So be safe CA purgies and know they will catch him soon.

Here in DC we are also missing the snow burying our friends to the north. Y'all take care too.

I wasn't even thinking about this guy. I certainly hope he is caught soon. I'm making the drive to So Cal along 15 in a week...alone. Maybe I should buy one of those extra heavy flashlights. At least I'm traveling during the day on Fri, but had thought to drive home Sun night. Maybe I'll stay over an extra day and drive home Mon morning. No itinerary yet, so kinda hard to plan. Trying to maybe fit in a Purgie meetup.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Driving tonight was... an adventure. :rolleyes: However, I'm home and not moving from here till 10 am tomorrow, when this should all be done.

Thank you all again for the book birthday wishes!

xiaotien

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
dragon, hopefully it'll be resolved
by then--but who knows. =(
everypuglet stay safe!

i have received an emergency email
from mexico retreat to bring maple
syrup. hilarious!

will have internet access but it was
spotty last time, so unlikely to check in
much at all.

see all the puglets in 10 days or so!
/bootay shake!

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY, LILY!!

(i left your pressie on facebook)

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-011.gif

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all :)

I hope you had a good day yesterday with the release of your book Lil. And it WON'T BE THE LAST ONE YOU HAVE RELEASED!!

((((CALEB)))) I hope things get better for you.

I am still waitiing for the agent to respond after 9 days post there response time. I emailed them that day and yet still no response :( I hope the email me back soon!

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgies! Snow day!:)

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Morning all. Looks like we've got somewhere between 2 and 2 1/2 feet - hard to tell because it's drifting all over the place. It was up to my thighs went I went chasing after the puppy though, so that was fun. (Cuteness of said puppy pouncing and digging himself into that much snow made up for it though :))

Hope everyone's staying safe. Enjoy the snow! (And if you're someplace warm, lucky you! :tongue)

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Caleb- There is one thing you can do to the dreaded lunch stealer- the same thing my mother did when my dad had a lunch stealer at work many many years ago. She made a batch of x-lax brownies using two boxes of the stuff, and made them look ever so pretty. Mwahahahaha. Let's just say that guy never stole a lunch again.

Lily- I'm sure you will have more books come out. Your books are great and fun and amazing.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
A little over a foot here. Main roads are clear but it's still flurrying outside. I'm going to leave a little earlier than planned. I'll try to Tweet pics from the signing.

Be careful out there, NE Purgs!

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon all. Hope all our NE purgies are safe! I have one friend who is currently trapped in her place, her husband is away on business, she has no power, her toilet is blocked, and she's going to have to climb out of a window to start digging out. :crazy:

We had some snow this morning, entirely unexpected, now it's turned to rain, then it turns to sleet, it could well turn back to snow by nightfall. I'm making Italian sausage hoagies for dinner followed by a nice orange trifle. I am now settling down to write a bit. I have about 12k left on this story, and would like to get at least 2k written today.

Lily, hope the signing goes well!

Status
Not open for further replies.