The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Volume 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
(((Caleb))) Hang in there

GJB - great story. I've added a new category to my marketing plan - Barbers!

KT - WOOHOO! for #1 on Amazon category! Congrats!

ETA: yay for kiddo, and NFW you're 50. I want a birth certificate. ;)
I have to admit, my avatar makes me look a bit younger than I am. The receding hairline adds a few years though. Well, in addition to my photo, my juvenile sense of humor makes me seem much younger. :tongue

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
((Caleb))

Since we've been talking marketing I'm gonna tip my hand a little to get the Purgatory POV-

Super sekrit projeckt:

<< Sorry guys trying to keep low profile. Hit me up in private if you missed it>>

What do you think? ( I will probably erase this shortly) (becuz paranoid)

Last edited:

Trinza

!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ztringali.wordpress.com
LG -- I love the name of the site! My immediate thought is that the tagline could be a little catchier. I like it now, but for some reason I feel like it's not one that'll get stuck in my brain the way it should/could.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
lgwenn - think it sounds great, can't wait to hear more about it.:)

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm taking notes on all the marketing stuff, as I kick into higher gear in prep for my release. 3 months is going to go by sooo fast.

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Noshes Novels? Quaffs Quarterlies? Gormandizes Gazettes? Partakes of Paperbacks?

Hahaha.. Yes, This is what I've been doing.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Stories to Devour

ETA: This just reminded me of all the marketing patois I had to come up with for my travel writing gig - decided to pay a little curiosity visit to the site. Aaaaaand, more than a year later, my photo and bio are still up. Time to update, people!

Last edited:

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to be the one dissenter and say that sounds already-done to me, but it does. Love the idea, though.

Last edited:

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
feeling really weird here - I just tried to read pages from a new member of my critique group and I couldn't finish, I was so uncomfortable. In fact, I ripped the pages into tiny bits and threw them away.

This is why:
I'm not reading about 15-yr-old girls getting raped for a science experiment, no matter what the context.

I'm just going to have to say it's too dark for me and leave it there.

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Oh JEEZ AMarie.. that's... ew.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
(((Caleb)))

Oh god that's awful, Amarie. Good lord. I'm anti-that unless there's a really good reason for it.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
lgwenn what about book zombies for people who eat books?:p (Braaaains. Booooks) OMG I need to go to sleep.

amarie - OMG. That is just, wow. I don't blame you for your reaction.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Okay, so I told this story on FB, but I'm going to elaborate here. :)

Our office is in the back of the house. When I put Sharkbite down for his afternoon nap, I retreat there to avoid making noise. He was pretty tired today and I was confident he'd go right to sleep.

Two hours later, I hear some rustling and assume he's getting up. I go and find him sitting in the middle of the floor, flipping through some catalogs that had come through the mail slot. He'd drug a blanket from the living room into his bedroom and generally messed stuff up in such a way that indicated he had basically been out of his room and sneaking about for the entire duration of his "nap."

So I look down at him, just sitting there casually perusing the Costco mag, and I say, "Why aren't you asleep?"

Him: "The sun is up."

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Cute, Jo :)

Amarie - Urgh.
Rick & Family - Sorry to hear about the flu :( I hope everything is okay with Brett & that you all get better fast.
Lela - cool on the seekrit project!

I have what should be a st00pid n00b question - for those who've subbed directly to publishers themselves, how do you go about finding a list?

Less stupid question - I'm currently torn between self-pubbing and trying to go the small press route with the Israel book. I did read the article Haupe linked yesterday on JF's blog (thanks, Haupe), and I just... can't make up my mind on what to do. Any purgies who have made that decision care to weigh in?

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Amarie, that is just...horrible.

((((Rick)))), Hope the flu leaves your house swiftly and without fallout.

Lela - Rep?

Jo - heeheehee!

((((Caleb)))) hang in there.

Afternoon all. Taking a three day weekend. Need a break from the day job. I've cleaned the bathroom and swept and mopped the kitchen floor. Now I intend to write for the rest of the weekend.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Amarie, no. Just no. Pass the brain bleach.

Doc the Basement Cat came home in one of those cardboard SPCA carriers. He now uses it as a chew toy. one side of it is nearly gone and we are constantly cleaning up cardboard shreds. :rolleyes: So tomorrow I'm going to vacuum and mop because I can't stand it anymore. CB and GF might be coming over for the Superbowl and I don't want to have a messy house. Might make mini-pizzas where I let everyone choose their own toppings.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Becky, I'll have more to say in a few hours when I'm really awake, but I could not be happier.

And querytracker has lists of small presses that take unagented subs. Or you could ask you agent to sub it. A few of the authors at my pub have agents.

Going back to sleep. Got in bed at 2. Baby got up and wanted to play from 3:30-7. I'm not taking kiddo to school. Bad mommy is tired.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Thanks, LynDee :) Get some sleep :)
The agent... not really sure where things are at with her at the moment, so I'm on my own here.

Status
Not open for further replies.