The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Volume 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for Cricket! Yay for Snappy! Yay for lwalker! Yay for Xiao's gorgeous painting.

Hugs for Lily on the laptop and Mayqueen on the bad news - hope everything works out SOON.
I just got out of not one but TWO fraught faculty meetings. Politics, who need 'em?

But it's the weekend, and I am going to celebrate by going to the local Japanese spa for a soak.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

There's a saying my aunt had about meetings, but I'm not sure it's polite enough to say on here....

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
There's a saying my aunt had about meetings, but I'm not sure it's polite enough to say on here....

Ha! You must be new. :p

( almost every thing is ok as long as you don't make Lily mad (which ain't easy ) And you apologize to Mike after :p )

I did it again. Double parentheses. Somewhere Sunna is crying)

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! You must be new. :p

( almost every thing is ok as long as you don't make Lily mad (which ain't easy ) And you apologize to Mike after :p )

I did it again. Double parentheses. Somewhere Sunna is crying)

Ok, I'll say it, but I'll put it in white for those who are easily offended :)

She used to say that meetings were created by and for men who couldn't masturbate.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Baaaack! Everything looks perfect on the ultrasound, which is to say as much as they can tell since clearly something was wrong last time and nobody could tell BUT! Yes! Everything is good so far. AND we found out...

It's a boy!!! Hello little Gawain!!!

Sucking his thumb:
uFuHH4fl.jpg

Chillin' out:
IQi0Xanl.jpg

And little itty bitty feets!
zJASzCMl.jpg

This is kind of bittersweet for us - we are super excited to have a second boy, but we're also sad that it's not a girl. But mostly because it's not OUR girl, and even if we had another one it wouldn't be HER. So... yeah. Sad, but mostly happy. :)

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Awwww. I love babies.

Afternoon, Purgs. Repped as I came. It avoids the MEGA-post, but then I have nothing to say. :shrugs:

Red, are you going to tell us more? Was this a contracted book?

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
welcome APM! 8 weeks isn't much?
hang in there. no nudging until 12 weeks
is the standard. publishing moves at
a glacial pace--until it moves like a roller
coaster. =)

i take jo, LW and cricket's GREAT NEWS
as a wonderful lead in into our weekend!
woohoo!!

kia, i was complimented on my american
accent when i worked at ticketmaster phone
center in leceister square. but i just KNEW
they pictured a blonde pamela anderson type
on the other end--which if you've met me,
is BEYOND HILARIOUS. haha

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
kia, i was complimented on my american
accent when i worked at ticketmaster phone
center in leceister square. but i just KNEW
they pictured a blonde pamela anderson type
on the other end--which if you've met me,
is BEYOND HILARIOUS. haha

Ha! I sometimes think that they think this of me. I have had several requests for dates, my phone number, my address, ect ect on the phones at work. And I'm short, pale, and brunette (or I was until I dyed it). Nothing extraordinary there!

xiaotien

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
yes. for what it's worth, i have
a cali accent. i don't know if it's
true for southern, bronx, boston, etc.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Jo, yay! Look at those little feet. Wow.

So wait, is an American accent as sexy to UK folks as a British accent is in America...?

This. I've heard we Americans just sound nasal and twangy to most people in the world.

My Kiwi friend does the most hilarious American accent. (NZ has my favorite accent ever. Also, Kiwis think I am Canadian by my accent, which pleases me.)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Oh, right! I forgot. So literally as I'm on the exam table looking at my baby, my agent emails me. I open it up when I get out of the office, and it's him telling me he thinks we should ship my outline and three chapters off to my editor. EEEEEP. Somebody hold me.

xiaotien

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
may, not if they think you look
like pamela anderson.

*winks at you with red bathing suit on*

*runs with tresses blowing in the wind*

ha

eta: jo, exciting! /bootay shake!

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
OMG BABY BABY BABY!!

Blond.. could it have to do with your rediculus schedule??

Cricket.. what DID agent say????

Kia, as long as you keep it PGish as we MIGHT have ... little eyes. Even then we kinda talk about EVERYTHING

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
10 pages? *cries* I knew we were moving, but not just yet. It finally occurred to me we must have with no posts all flipping day long. Needless to say I'm horribly behind and my apologies, but hugs for those who need then and cheers for awesomeness. Please rep me news I missed.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I've been around the world (literally) and my favorite accent is still Australian. I studied abroad there for 5 months so I always perk up when I hear one <3

Aww babies!!!! Congrats!

I just sent out 2 queries. Eeeep! Hold me! (Still waiting on R&R agent but I figured that shouldn't stop me). I have query trigger happy finger. It's ba-a-a-a-ad. ;) I could send all my queries in an hour, lol, if you didn't stop me!

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
For those who missed my moment of abject desperation on Twitter, if anyone knows someone, a rich billionaire perhaps, who is in the market for some acreage that's currently set up for horses, keep my mom's place in mind. Selling this would sure help me out right about now.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Little belly bean! Tiny feet!

Glad you found us, Dragon.

When I was telemarketing, I had a few men like my voice. One Texan asked if I would be delivering the product personally. He didn't want to buy unless I came with it. Old guys thought I sounded cute, so they flirted.

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats LynDee on the contract!

Congrats Jo on sending off the chapters! And unless I'm mistaken you've posted the first purgy ultrasounds! That's a good looking kid you've got there.

I've got some good news going into the weekend too. Placed a short story today at an online litmag. This on the heels of a different story sold last week to another site. That was pretty satisfying 'cause it was one that kept getting rejected, possibly due to subject matter (it involves a certain involuntary male reaction at an inappropriate time).

It is interesting (though maybe only to me) how quickly my own views on where to publish my writing have changed. Six years ago, when I started peddling my short stories again after a long time away, I only wanted to place them in print litmags. Didn't think much of online sites. Now, there is so much quality stuff going up directly online. And with a book coming out, I wish that some of the things in those print mags were available more widely to readers. Not that I'm not thrilled with everywhere I've been lucky enough to be published. But I have to say the scales have tipped toward wanting more of my stories easily found on the interweb. (Still very much looking forward to having the novel in print though.)

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and for the record, if I ever have an audiobook, I expect y'all to record it for me with your sultry voices.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I do not think anyone has ever enjoyed my voice. I just don't sound... uh... well, good. Haha. When I was Mrs. Travel Newsletter, I'd do everything I could to avoid talking to clients on the phone. Some of them would call and ask for me personally and I'd be like "Aaaaaah, not in the office!" I had this whole little romantic persona built up and I knew as soon as I got on the phone the person would be thinking, "What? This is just some airhead kid."

ETA: When I was in England, I spoke as little as I could. When I did, everyone always thought I was from Eastern Europe. Like Russian or something. Go figure.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Hola Purgies!

As usual, I'm late to the party. I can see you've already trashed the new place. Glitter all over the furniture, Cindy left crumbs all over the couch from her Chinese bun, Becky's crashed on a pillow pile in the corner, and Caleb's rolling around on the floor. (Eeeew - is that a fur ball stuck to his head? Let me guess - Cricket stopped by, right?) And WHO FORGOT TO CLEAN THE CUISINART!!! The sparkly residue is blinding me. And I think I just missed Pamela Anderson dashing by in a red swim suit. Thanks!

Well, at least one of Shveta's cupcakes is left over and I can see Cake put up some nice curtains. Hmmm, is that a rum cake some newbie dropped off? And what's that in the crock pot with the sweet potatoes? I think it's moving...

* pops marshmallow into mouth - spits back into hand * What is this? A veggie marshmallow!

It's always a disaster on the first night, cleaning up after you all. On the bright side, no one peed in the corner like when we opened volume 7. That's a plus.

* plops down on couch - knocks Dys off * (Hey - at least it's off and not up!)

:welcome:Welcome to Purgatory, Idontknowwhatimdoing! (For some reason, every time I see your name, my mind abbreviates it as "idiot".)

(((Kiahanna))) I hope things get better at work. (Great job with the fear stare.)

(((Shveta))) for the Full R.

(((Vandal))) Sorry about your troubles.

(((Copper))) for the R and the crazy terrible personal stuff.

(((Mayqueen))) you too for the terrible personal stuff.

(((Lily and idontknow))) for the broken laptops.

(((Blond))) for the writing cramps

(((APM))) for the fading Fulls. Hang in there!

LRB - congrats on kiddo's scholarship! And thanks for the Purgy update! (I see you got rid of my disappointing twin.)

LynDee - WOOHOO! for the novella contract! When is it due?

Dys - Yay! for surviving your first day of teaching! (Another high-five!)

Smiley - good luck on the job front! WOOT! for unsolicited submission and vamp dust for your new queries!

Lily - WOOT! for the Book 3 promo!

Snappy - I'm glad your agent meeting went well! Tell us the deets when you can!

Cindy - your brush art is beautiful! Well done!

Cricket - so glad your agent didn't dump you! So what was the call about?

Jo - Yay! for healthy baby boy! and WOOHOO for agent's email! Good luck with the proposal!

Mike - congrats on placing your short story!

Tas - job vamp dust for you! (I pinched a bit for myself.)

Speaking of jobs, it's been a loooong 2 days. Yesterday was my last day in the job after 8 years, and I was at work until 11 pm taking care of all the loose ends. Earlier in the day I called for an appointment at a job fair next month and the lady told me they had an opening in the one today, so I was up until 1:30 am tweaking my resume, then back up at 5:30 to get there in time. One of the speakers had this monotone voice and I was searching for toothpicks for my eyelids. I made a few contacts and sent out 3 resumes this afternoon. Today marks the official first day of my new job search. (I'm still employed - I've got 101 days of Leave and TAD on the books, so I've got some time.)

My voice is naturally low and soft, especially when I have a cold. I've had people call it a 'bedroom voice'
Oooooh, really? * searches London phone directory *

BTW, where's Cuddles? We can't properly open a new thread without him?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Rick, I cannot BELIEVE you went to a job fair on the first day of your retirement/leave/whatever. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? Please go take your wife, get on a plane, and spend a month or two on a tropical island. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.