AW Amazon Affiliate Store

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: United States of YA - UK Style!

Threaded View

Always lurking, never posting... LadyA's Avatar

United States of YA - UK Style!

I've just discovered the brilliant United States of YA on Epic Reads, where they have listed a YA book for every single one of the US states. It's really cool, and it got me thinking...what about a British version? One (or more) book for every county? Representing UKYA (woot woot!).

I'm a bit hazy with geography so I'm just going to start with the English ones, but please, add in Scotland and Wales and Ireland if you can think of any in particular.

And just for fun, if any of your books are set in England, let me know and I'll add 'em on in blue! For future reference

I'll get us started...

BEDFORDSHIRE JUST IN CASE by Meg Rosoff [thanks to TudorRose]

BERKSHIRE

BRISTOL (the city and county of)

BUCKINGHAMSHIRE

CAMBRIDGESHIRE

CHANNEL ISLANDS

CHESHIRE RED SHIFT by Alan Garner [thanks to eyeblink]

CLEVELAND

CORNWALL THE INGO CHRONICLES by Helen Dunmore, PARADISE by Joanna Nadin

CUMBRIA

DERBYSHIRE

DEVON KISS, DATE, LOVE, HATE and SWAPPED BY A KISS by Luisa Plaja, DRAGON'S ROCK by Tim Bowler, BRIGANDS M.C. by Robert Muchamore (part of the CHERUB series), YOU, ME AND EIGHT CRAZY GOODBYES by LadyA, BULLET BOYS by Ally Kennen

DORSET

DURHAM

ESSEX PROVE YOURSELF A HERO and THE PENNINGTON TRILOGY by KM Peyton, DANCE ON MY GRAVE by Aidan Chambers [thanks to Becca C and eyeblink], UNREST by Michelle Harrison

GLOUCESTERSHIRE

GREATER LONDON iBOY by Kevin Brooks, WHAT'S UP WITH JODY BARTON by Hayley Long, the MATES, DATES series by Cathy Hopkins

GREATER MANCHESTER

HAMPSHIRE PARTINGS AND GREETINGS by eyeblink

HEREFORD AND WORCESTER

HERTFORDSHIRE

HUMBERSIDE

ISLE OF MAN

ISLES OF SCILLY

KENT

LANCASHIRE

LEICESTERSHIRE RANI & SUKH by Bali Rai

LINCOLNSHIRE

MERSEYSIDE THE H-BOMB GIRL by Stephen Baxter [thanks to eyeblink]

NORFOLK A BRAVER THING by Becca C.

NORTHAMPTONSHIRE

NORTHUMBERLAND

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SCARLET by A.C. Gaughen [thanks to TudorRose]

OXFORDSHIRE HIS DARK MATERIALS by Phillip Pullman [thanks to bertrigby]

SHROPSHIRE

SOMERSET THE GIRL IN THE MASK by Marie-Louise Jensen, and the NUMBERS TRILOGY by Rachel Ward [thanks to Netz], TWO DOWN, ONE DROWNING by LadyA

STAFFORDSHIRE

SUFFOLK

SUNDERLAND CLASH by Colin Mulhern

SURREY HARRY POTTER by JK Rowling (That's where Harry lives in his summer hols, but apparently Hogwarts is set in Scotland) [thanks to Cyia], WHITE CROW by Marcus Sedgwick [thanks to TudorRose]

SUSSEX WENTWORTH HALL by Abby Grahame [thanks to TudorRose], SUGAR RUSH by Julie Burchill [thanks to eyeblink], and (I think) the GEORGIA NICHOLSON series by Louise Rennison

TYNE AND WEAR SKELLIG and MY NAME IS MINA by David Almond [thanks to egoodlett]

WARWICKSHIRE

WEST MIDLANDS

WILTSHIRE

YORKSHIRE (yes, I'm cheating and putting this as one county) HOLLOW PIKE by James Dawson, The House of Dead Maids by Clare B. Dunkle [thanks to egoodlett] FLIP by Martyn Bedford
    Last edited by LadyA; 01-24-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    Amy x

DEC - YA Contemp

H&Y&NM - YA Contemp

twitter tumblr

Represented by L0uise Fury of Th3 B3nt Ag3ncy.