Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra Kelley View Post
You are offering a rate of $2.50 an hour, $5 an hour if the artist can work very fast. These are not decent rates to off a skilled professional.
When did I say I was paying $100 for a map? I was discussing the stance that $100 was unprofessional, which I don't believe is the case - if I look at LBlankenship's offering, her map is stunning. Professional illustrators can charge both per job or per hour, depending on who you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Gale Haut View Post
Pointing this out isn't meant as a knock against you. The map you linked to is nice, but it isn't a hand drawn map, which is what's requested in the OP.
You have a point, Gale about the rendered vs hand-drawn comment. Although you did get me thinking - my chief requirement for the brief is that the map needs to translate well to the Kindle screen. The map you supplied is beautiful and I would love it as my desktop background, but it would never work on a kindle screen - not if you want to see the names of cities on the low resolution of the kindle.

For me, the map has to be clear, non-detailed, easy to read. That is why on the overall map, you will see that I have not included any geographical areas -no mountains, rivers, terrain etc. This map is going to be the simplest of lines, displayed on the simplest of screens. A map like this would probably translate well.

Thoughts?