Tennis, Anyone?

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
I know Andy didn't have it that easy. I was watching. My point was that I didn't expect Murray to win in 3 sets. I'm not knocking him

Djokovic has never been able to take a set off Murray on a grass court. But, yeah, I was expecting 4/5 sets.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Actually I won't say that. That was rude.

How, exactly, am I supposed to know your ancestry is Scottish when your location is Canada? A clue would have helped. You know, like the one I have under my name?

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
Well! Who da thunk? I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime but a Brit won Wimbers!

Well done, Andy Murray!

Ditto. I'm not much of a tennis fan but I have enjoyed watching Murray play over the past few years. Even though I didn't get to watch this tournament it's very impressive for Murray to beat Novak. Murray is one of those players it's easy to root for, not to mention the historical implications of him winning. Congrats to him!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I was kind of joking......

Honestly, do I need to put one of these :brit on every post?

I know Andy didn't have it that easy. I was watching. My point was that I didn't expect Murray to win in 3 sets. I'm not knocking him
Better not be. :guns:

Okay, remember we're all friends here. No frayed tempers or trouser legs allowed.

And now onto the important stuff: Andy Murray is the Wimbledon Champion!!! :yessmiley

I so knew he could do it. Then I didn't. Then I did. Then I didn't. Then I did. And didn't. Did. Didn't. Did. Oh boy what a match. And then he did it. :yessmiley

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I so knew he could do it. Then I didn't. Then I did. Then I didn't. Then I did. And didn't. Did. Didn't. Did. Oh boy what a match. And then he did it. :yessmiley
Exactly!:D (I'm from the US, so that wasn't Brit humor ;) )

jmikehub

Registered
Reaction score
Federer

Fed all the way! :D haha he's the best, so calm, so precise and seems to define age lol

craze_

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Ditto. I'm not much of a tennis fan but I have enjoyed watching Murray play over the past few years. Even though I didn't get to watch this tournament it's very impressive for Murray to beat Novak. Murray is one of those players it's easy to root for, not to mention the historical implications of him winning. Congrats to him!

More like implications within implications....