• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

MP Publishing

debut author

Registered
Reaction score
US office closed

Everyone has now left the SF office. I would not expect to hear back on any manuscripts in their possession, nor would I submit any work to them in the future. My impression is that the US office is closing.

Author Girl

Registered
Reaction score
Abandon all hope all authors that enter MP Publishing

Even though Mark Pearce (pictured below), President of MP Publishing, received a grant from the Isle of Man (where MP is based) to set up shop in the United States, his entire San Francisco staff of editors and publicists quit in protest in 2014 over Pearce’s refusal to pay bills, return phone calls or answer email. Pearce attempted to continue publishing with a series of production assistants on the Isle of Man, but they all quit over similar issues in 2015.

Mark Pearce is that rare breed of publisher that actively sabotages his authors' efforts via repeated/unexplained launch delays, a refusal to respond to author email or phone queries, unfulfilled marketing promises, and a refusal to publicize or promote MP’s books - thus assuring that MP books will wither on the vine. Mark Pearce has no business plan nor desire to obtain one, no clue how to market books nor inclination to rectify that fact, no staff, and his website and Facebook page are embarrassingly out of date. In addition, Pearce adamantly opposes paying advances or royalties on time, that is, if he gets around to paying them at all.

04917c9.jpg

Last edited: