• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need beta for YA psych thriller (first 40K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

midazolam

Registered
Reaction score
I could really use a set of eyes on this, if anyone is interested. It's unfinished at the moment, but if someone could give me general thoughts on the first 40K (ie. is it worth continuing? too dark? too complicated or too simple plot-wise), that would be a huge help to me. I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the two main characters.

Here is the query:

Seventeen-year-old Abigail Lane is mislabeled. Misdiagnosed. Misunderstood. According to her parents, local law enforcement, and a horde of psychological experts, Abby is a pathological liar with callous-unemotional traits.

In other words, a psychopath.

When Abby gathers for her weekly court-appointed group at Rogan Development Center, a facility specializing in the rehabilitation of adolescent psychopaths, the discussion is always a bit of an adventure in the company of five other troubled teens. But during one session on a stormy Friday night, a high school interest group shows up to tour the facility - and these are kids Abby knows. Cares about. Used to be friends with.

That is, until the Awful Thing happened last spring and Rogan Development Center became a pivotal - and intensely concealed - part of Abby's life. With the "bad kids" on a collision course with the good, and the adults that put them there caught in the middle, Abby finally has the chance to be redeemed. To tell the truth. To show everyone who she really is - and to prove that she doesn't belong here.

But when things start to go wrong, Abby's good intentions quickly deteriorate. The lies come easily. Friendships are forged and lost. Betrayal lurks in every corner. The truth - if it ever existed at all - is not what it seems.

PSYCHOPATH is the story of Abigail Lane: misdiagnosed. Mislabeled. Misunderstood.

Or is she?

---

PM me if you're interested - thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.