The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Script analyst] ScriptNannies

practical experience, FTW

[Script analyst] ScriptNannies

Name: Scriptnannies
    URL: Scriptnannies.com

They claim to be "consultants" and charge a fee of $225 for a one-hour consultation over the phone or $400 for notes & a one-hour consultation. You can, of course, pay more for rush rates ...

Are these people possibly legitimate? I don't know a huge amount about screenwriting so I'm posting this with the caveat of "it smells bad but I'm not sure."

Leva

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    http://www.scriptnannies.com/who/index.html

Like book doctors for ms, script doctors are not for everyone. That is, if your knowledge of the craft is at a level to make good use of their suggestions, then you could figure it out yourself with a critique group. That being said, the women of Scriptnannies have the creds and, from what Google gives me, are well thought of in the scriptwriters' community.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Closed to subs in '10, and is now gone.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: