I recently responded to a post asking if x was normal. I commented how we writers tend to wonder if what we're doing, or not doing, or thinking/not thinking about or worrying/not worrying about, is normal behavior. For a writer, I mean.
Then I thought, I'm a writer, so am I normal? Let me see:
1) I sit at my computer, chewing my cheeks incessantly whilst staring at the blank screen.
2) Amazing stuff flows out of me like a shit through a goose. It's a gift from God--His mind, to my hand, to keyboard, to screen. . .
It's a religious experience. Has to be.
2) I love my writing.
3) I hate my writing. And hence, myself. And hence, everybody else.
4) But I care what they think.
5) Except when I don't give a crap what they think.
6) But I want to influence what they think in a deeply meaningful way.
7) I am incredibly creative.
8) I have no creativity. I can't think of any ideas. At all. My mind is a vast and barren wasteland.
9) I am a really good writer.
10) I suck.
So, what's the verdict? Normal, or ?
Questions? Comments? Concerns?