Glad to be here. Not sure what's next, but it's about to get wordy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyGuySpeaksTheTruth

A voice for the Universe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ryguyspeaksthetruth.com
Hello.

This is a cool site. It's rad to have the chance to meet some likeminded individuals and exchange ideas. The wisdom existing on these boards is apparent and I am eager to dig in.

A place to ask questions, seek advice, and cut through the nonsense is always welcomed in my world. I largely do not know how my involvement with AW will manifest itself, but my active participation will write that book. Give and take. Call and response.

I appreciate the concept of truth very much. So much so that it has become my sole constant offering. My beliefs in uncensored, yet kind, communication and sharing has evolved into an expectation of the same from others. The wonderful influence words can posses, when the situationally 'proper' choices to represent exactness of emotion are found, is quite calming. Inside that calm we find truth through deliberate word choice. Nice.

Searching through seas of synonyms soothes me. Calms me down. Allows for options, allows me to make an actual meaningful decision, allows for individual choice, and keeps me fresh. The choice and placement of a single word could affect an entire paragraph. Powerful stuff we get to play with as writers. Lol.

Within honesty exists "real." Sometimes "real" can be too much as it is bare, cuts deeply, and is not necessarily considered beautiful in the traditional sense. I consider my writing to be honest, which must then contain the rawness of the "real" that comes along. My writing becomes a true reflection of my essence, allowing readers to peer deep inside my existence. I have nothing to hide and that is partially why I write. To live in a glass house and be completely exposed frees my mind while allowing a pure signal flow to exist with the reader.

Connection.

Truth.

Words.

I'll be around. Posting. Reading. Commenting. Learning. Sharing. Thanks for getting this far!

Ryan

Last edited:

dfwtinman

Cubic Zirconia in the rough
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Sir. A teacher once told me that I was overly enthralled with the exuberance of my own verbosity. Nice to meet a kindred spirit. *grin*

peloton

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm a newbie too, but one who happens to also enjoy "verbosity" and/or "wordiness."

Look around. Explore the site. There seems to be some very fine writing folks here.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! Its always nice to see someone with so much energy and excitement. I'm sure you'll find there are tons of people here who share your passion and love of writing and communicating.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
welcome.
the give of using the entire English language is a truly lost art. i have on occasion used words that have fallen out of favor in the last century or so. if you wish to baffle the people around you find excuse to use words like churlish, and exasperating in your everyday chats.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I got to "eternal ether" and bailed.

Between dyslexia, being an old-school geek who spent a fair amount of time at Xerox . . .

I do not think that word means what he thinks.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

Not sure what's next but it's about to get wordy.
Correct.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I always appreciate enthusiasm. See you around the Cosmos.

RyGuySpeaksTheTruth

A voice for the Universe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ryguyspeaksthetruth.com
There is no bliss in ignorance.

I got to "eternal ether" and bailed.

Between dyslexia, being an old-school geek who spent a fair amount of time at Xerox . . .

I do not think that word means what he thinks.

Wow. There is SO much wrong with this reply -please bear with me as you read on.

Damn. Not quite the welcome I would have expected from an admin. Hmmmm.

The first seven words AW Admin typed proved said admin's possession of an ignorance that a thousand page novel would struggle to convey. Oh, behold the powers of word choice and placement.

On its own, AWA's belief that I misused "ether" in the quoted context is ridiculous at best. If AWA had argued that ether and eternal are too close in definition, or the wrong parts of speech to be used as modifiers of the other, I may have listened. If AWA had pointed to a specific rule of grammar somehow disallowing the simultaneous existence of those two words within the same sentence, hey, who can argue with the rules? Unfortunately, AWA instead lashed out blindly at a newbie, potentially causing me to bail from the site and who knows what else.

My friend, I hope you realize that the entire premise of your comment was based on a lie. You based your comment on your false belief I misused "ether," and well bud, that just isn't the case. "Eternal ether" actually seems to be as fair a combination of words today as when initially shared. We could even flip them and sound all medieval - the "ether eternal" reminds of a foggy English battleground just after the fact. Fun to play around with order and meaning, but the fun was only temporary. Damn.

It is so frustrating repeating the same thing to people over and over, but once again...

Slow the fuck down.

Your immediate decision to bail on my thread for the reason stated is weak. Jumping on the forum and immediately calling me out on my perceived mistakes is still baffling. Something in your mind allowed an immediate change in your perception of me, due to your reaction of my supposed misuse of a word. This shift in perception allowed you to then completely 'pre-dismiss' everything I may say in the future as well, killing any chance of developing a true connection.

And my goodness, you posted your reply on the wrong thread even. The thoughts you quoted my words from were in a thread on the Water Cooler page, yet you posted your reply on the newbie page. Why did you do this? Either from ignorance or for malice I suppose, but darn it all, it just might be time to dust off the admin study guide.

So, public attack warrants public discussion in my eyes and I pose an open question to all members: How real would you like real to get? Can we have tact within honesty? What about discussing the 'actual' reasons that cause this admin, or anyone, to lash out in such confusing manners? Good stuff to pick your teeth to.

An admin's responsibilities ultimately extend beyond moderating and approving comments and such. Any viewable reply with the AW Admin name is essentially speaking for the entire staff/site. A bigger responsibility than it may seem, perhaps?

I only want to become a better writer, but a guy's gotta be cautious in the meantime. Especially when there is no one watching the watchers.

Word.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. There is SO much wrong with this reply -please bear with me as you read on.

Damn. Not quite the welcome I would have expected from an admin. Hmmmm.

The first seven words AW Admin typed proved said admin's possession of an ignorance that a thousand page novel would struggle to convey. Oh, behold the powers of word choice and placement.

On its own, AWA's belief that I misused "ether" in the quoted context is ridiculous at best. If AWA had argued that ether and eternal are too close in definition, or the wrong parts of speech to be used as modifiers of the other, I may have listened. If AWA had pointed to a specific rule of grammar somehow disallowing the simultaneous existence of those two words within the same sentence, hey, who can argue with the rules? Unfortunately, AWA instead lashed out blindly at a newbie, potentially causing me to bail from the site and who knows what else.

My friend, I hope you realize that the entire premise of your comment was based on a lie. You based your comment on your false belief I misused "ether," and well bud, that just isn't the case. "Eternal ether" actually seems to be as fair a combination of words today as when initially shared. We could even flip them and sound all medieval - the "ether eternal" reminds of a foggy English battleground just after the fact. Fun to play around with order and meaning, but the fun was only temporary. Damn.

It is so frustrating repeating the same thing to people over and over, but once again...

Slow the fuck down.

Your immediate decision to bail on my thread for the reason stated is weak. Jumping on the forum and immediately calling me out on my perceived mistakes is still baffling. Something in your mind allowed an immediate change in your perception of me, due to your reaction of my supposed misuse of a word. This shift in perception allowed you to then completely 'pre-dismiss' everything I may say in the future as well, killing any chance of developing a true connection.

And my goodness, you posted your reply on the wrong thread even. The thoughts you quoted my words from were in a thread on the Water Cooler page, yet you posted your reply on the newbie page. Why did you do this? Either from ignorance or for malice I suppose, but darn it all, it just might be time to dust off the admin study guide.

So, public attack warrants public discussion in my eyes and I pose an open question to all members: How real would you like real to get? Can we have tact within honesty? What about discussing the 'actual' reasons that cause this admin, or anyone, to lash out in such confusing manners? Good stuff to pick your teeth to.

An admin's responsibilities ultimately extend beyond moderating and approving comments and such. Any viewable reply with the AW Admin name is essentially speaking for the entire staff/site. A bigger responsibility than it may seem, perhaps?

I only want to become a better writer, but a guy's gotta be cautious in the meantime. Especially when there is no one watching the watchers.

Word.
Oh, my. Famous last words... Anybody bring popcorn?

Maryn, watching with interest

Last edited:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Oh. My. Lord...

*Takes seat* :popcorn: I got extra, Maryn. :popcorn: :popcorn: sharezis?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
Generally you don't encourage relaxed and friendly engagement with a long angry rant.

exactly.

dude, you have 5 posts all of which come off as preachy 'i know more than you' BS.

you might take some time to get to know your audience first

.. especially the ones who you tell to 'slow the fuck down.'

Status
Not open for further replies.