AW Amazon Affiliate Store

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Greetings and salutations

Threaded View

Greetings and salutations

How very odd. I joined this site because, after a 35-year detour, I've begun to write again. Oh, I was mostly an enthusiastic dilettante when I stopped. I'd like to think that age has honed my insights some, but whether that amounts to much is anyone's guess. I stumbled across this site today (a story for another time) and joining just somehow felt right. So what's the odd thing? Well, despite feeling that I have so much I want to say that it exhausts me to reflect on it, I'm blocked as to how I wish to introduce myself just now. A simple task really, but I've written a half dozen paragraphs only to delete them all. Too vague, too erudite, too pretentious, too precious, too much. Whew. This writing thing may lead me to an early grave. Let's hope that's a bad thing.
    Last edited by dfwtinman; 01-15-2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Typo yeesh
    "We do not talk - we bludgeon one another with facts and theories gleaned from cursory readings of newspapers, magazines and digests."

Henry Miller