Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Inspirational/ Motivationa quotes for the discouraged writer.

practical experience, FTW gell214's Avatar

Inspirational/ Motivationa quotes for the discouraged writer.

I just thought it would be fun and maybe helpful to have a thread where we can share our inspirational/ motivational writing quotes.

There maybe a writer out there feeling down and low and a quote from here may just convince him/her to stop sulking and continue writing.

So, just a couple of rules here.

1) Quote must be:inspirational/encouraging/motivational and must be about writing or can be related to (please do explainhow) writing.
    2) Mention the quote's source please. Include a link if you can.
    3) If you could and if you have time, maybe share why you chose that quote. How did it help you?

I'll start...

"Pretend to be someone who can do it, and then act like they would." -Neil Gaiman. Link to the speech where he says this.

I've done this already, numerous times. And it works. An example:

Every single time I think about giving up on my WIPs, I pretend to be a published author who has an agent badgering him to finish his next book. I would pretend that there's a deadline I have to meet and that I have already proven I can be published... and then I act like a published author would-- write, write, write.
    Through your dreams, my sleeping children, you had a passenger and you never knew. -Neil Gaiman

Le blog (under construction).

Le g+.
    Le FaceBook.
    Le Twitter.

practical experience, FTW
    You could try here:

http://bighow.com/news/the-art-of-gr...-great-writers

I've found some inspiration on that page.
    The Traveler, in Dual Coast Magazine issue 2!

Here's all the inspiration you should need:

Destiny Deceived - Internet serial story. Written by one of the best writers I have ever been.

"Having been an English literary graduate, I've been trying to avoid the idea of doing art ever since. I think the idea of art kills creativity. I think media are at their most interesting before anybody's thought of calling them art, when people still think they're just a load of junk."
    Douglas Adams