AW Amazon Affiliate Store

confused by self-publishing? Find your way to self-publishing success in just 5 easy steps with this free how-to guide!

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Editing accepted story for publication

Threaded View

Editing accepted story for publication

My short got accepted by a literary journal awhile back. I've just received the galleys for copy editing.
    Some small and some major changes have been indicated through comments. However some changes have been done and not marked as comments. I would like to revert a few to the original. Should I do so and how? What is accepted protocol?

Also I can see some a couple of errors in punctuation, likely remaining as mistakes. How do I rectify these?

Please note this is all electronic, hence there is no pen and paper used. I am afraid if I do any changes by inserting my comments I'll disturb the order of comments done by the journal's editorial staff. These comments are for me to approve. It appears to me that since the other changes are not marked as comments, they have been finalised by the journal. Am I correct in my assumption?

What do I do in this situation since this will be my first published short?

Can anyone give me a pointer where I may find relevant guidelines?
    Last edited by Raphee; 01-11-2013 at 03:38 PM.