Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: HORROR nonfiction & fiction [Payment: Royalties]

An INFP with the moon in Aries Rattigan's Avatar
    Liverpool, England

HORROR nonfiction & fiction [Payment: Royalties]

Hi, all,

A couple of months since I've posted round these parts, but I wanted to give you the heads-up on a call for submissions by Bedlam: A Journal of Horror & the Macabre, of which I'm editor.

Call for Submissions: Horror (Fiction/Nonfiction)

Bedlam – a Journal of Horror and the Macabre is looking for essays and articles that explore horror in fresh, intelligent, critical and entertaining ways.

As well as general horror articles, in 2013 Bedlam plans to publish volumes dedicated to the following themes:

LGBT and queer sexuality in horror
    Childhood horror
    3D horror
    Lovecraft and Lovecraftian horror

Bedlam welcomes both ideas and completed submissions, chiefly nonfiction but fiction also.

Bedlam also welcomes submissions that go beyond the written word, including video, photography and original artwork.

Submissions are primarily considered for the print publication, but may also be considered for the accompanying website at www.bedlamjournal.com.

Words: 500-5,000
    Payment: Royalties

Email submissions and queries to Editor-in-Chief Robert J.E. Simpson robert@bedlamjournal.com and/or Editor David L Rattigan david@bedlamjournal.com

Call for Short Horror Stories

In conjunction with Bedlam Journal, Avalard Publishing is now accepting submissions for the Bedlam Book of Horror, a short story anthology due to be published in 2013.

Avalard seeks original fiction to enthral, stimulate and entertain lovers of horror and the macabre. Stories should be between 1,000 and 5,000 words.

Payment: Royalties

Email your submissions to: Robert J.E. Simpson (Editor-in-Chief) robert@bedlamjournal.com and/or David L Rattigan (Editor) david@bedlamjournal.com
    Last edited by Rattigan; 01-09-2013 at 12:47 AM.