Hi from SoCal

tis madness

Mistress of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I had joined the boards many years ago so I decided to come back at the behest of zombie_rose. I live in so. cal. with my husband and our dog, Tyke. I have been working on a fantasy story for several years. It is a love-hate relationship. I've had more progress lately which is encouraging. I am also a really big sci-fi nerd. I like comic books, reading, especially mystery novels, costuming, crafty stuff and Disney (esp. Sleeping Beauty), Doctor Who, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Sherlock (BBC) and Downton Abbey. That's the abbreviated version. mwahahaha And of course I do love Alice in Wonderland and tea. And I love to bake. Ok. I'm done now.

Zombie_Rose

Procrastinating Forever
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I'm so glad you rejoined this site with me. I hope you make lots of other writing friends and get encouraged by the vast amounts of information that's here on these forums. There's some fun games you can play in a section of this forum too that's really helpful in getting the imagination going. They're pretty hilarious.

Ellie LaTraille

Registered
Reaction score
Fwee, I'm from California as well. Spent the last five years there until I moved up to Washington State.

Also Sherlock (y)

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

tis madness

Mistress of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :D Tis lovely to be back. I shall have to check out the forum some more.
Ellie, what part of CA?
I am going to attempt to write now. Zombie_Rose to your post! Man the battle stations!!

Griffin Hayes

One evil little baby step at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!

A S Abrams

Bananas are my favorite animal
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, tis madness.

Welcome back. I hope your stay is long, productive, and prosperous.

A S Abrams

tis madness

Mistress of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I was not productive in writing yesterday. :( But I hope to be today. :D

RobertEvert

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertevert.com
Hi. I had joined the boards many years ago so I decided to come back at the behest of zombie_rose. I live in so. cal. with my husband and our dog, Tyke. I have been working on a fantasy story for several years. It is a love-hate relationship. I've had more progress lately which is encouraging. I am also a really big sci-fi nerd. I like comic books, reading, especially mystery novels, costuming, crafty stuff and Disney (esp. Sleeping Beauty), Doctor Who, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Sherlock (BBC) and Downton Abbey. That's the abbreviated version. mwahahaha And of course I do love Alice in Wonderland and tea. And I love to bake. Ok. I'm done now.

Welcome to the group! If you like fantasy, come join our discussions in the fantasy threads! I'd love to see you there.

Ellie LaTraille

Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Fresno, but I spent the last five years in Irvine. My husband is from Fountain Valley, and we're hoping to move back down, maybe to Lake Forest or somewhere in that area, in a few years. Which city for you?

Samball49

Registered
Reaction score
Well i'm glad that you decided to rejoin! Welcome!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from another fantasy writer.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi tis!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.

and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area are explained here.

This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work posts.
*Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

tis madness

Mistress of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I have def been checking out the Fantasy boards and looking into posts about exposition, show not tell, etc etc etc. I am trying not to be guilty of info overload. Tis very hard not to fall into that pit.
Ellie I'm from the antelope valley area. Grew up in Glendale and my husband grew up in Burbank. We had both never lived outside a 2 hr radius from where we were born until two years ago. We moved for his work to ND then TN and then we came back. I missed CA a lot so it is nice to be back with friends and family. I hope you are able to move back too.