Need some voice actors!

Schilcote

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing a big project for my Media I class, and I need some voice talent. You don't have to be super-mega-pro, but a decent-quality (I heartily recommend Plantronics brand products- they're cheap and good) microphone is a must. It's a 2.5 minute long video with a two page script, so you won't be saying too much.

Anyone interested?

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I've got a perfect voice for damning the governments and politicians and crooked lawyers if it counts!?

But whats in it for me?

Last edited:

Schilcote

Registered
Reaction score
I would, but if it were already finished I wouldn't need voice actors.

Schilcote

Registered
Reaction score
While having James Earl Jones on hand would be nice, I'll settle for "not grating".

And even if your voice is grating, I need a voice for the crazy computer.

patskywriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.durhamskywriter.com
I've done some voiceover and audio book work but my voice might be unsuitable for your project. In order to get the most appropriate voices, why not list the emotions that will be expressed by each character. For example, "crazy computer," "overbearing matriarch," "whiny brat," etc.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, I'd only be appropriate for "awkward speaker who sniffles often". Best of luck in finding (other, better) people! :)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Fun :D I have crap equipment for any sound, so I'm out, unless someone wants to mail me a mic ;)

But it reminds me of a friend I have who does sound for Hollywood as a career. His Facebook status will often say things like, 'Can anyone out there do an excellent Daffy Duck reciting Shakespeare? Send me a file, ASAP!' :D :D

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I have a few years of radio production in my history. So, from that POV --

Can you give us some character descriptions for what you need?

How many male/female?
Older/younger, educated/refined/speech "impediments"/regional/national dialects/English as a second language?

Also, what format do you want the audio files to arrive in? Is there a program (Audacity, CoolEdit, Goldwave, ProTools) you are planning to mix in?

The more you've visualized and defined what you're looking for the less work you'll have to do in post-
production. (And the more likely the project is to end up being all that you wanted it to be.)

Schilcote

Registered
Reaction score
All the characters are pretty generic, really. 2 and a half minutes isn't all that much time to do heavy characterization.

Going to do any audio processing in Audacity, then splice it into the video with Adobe Premiere. MP3 ought to do the job formatwise.

The list of characters, from memory (don't have the script on-hand right now):

2 scouts, who exposit and then die
1 commander, who gives a speech
2 soldiers, one who yells for backup, another who throws a bomb (both die also).
1 crazy computer, who explodes.

Civic

Isosceles Triangle Expert
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. I'd be interested if you need another male.

Schilcote

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. I'd be interested if you need another male.

The little side-bar says you're from Australia- do you have the accent? Might be good for one of the team leaders.

Civic

Isosceles Triangle Expert
Registered
Reaction score
I speak regularly to Americans and Canadians on the net and they say I have an accent, so I think so? I can put on a thick Aussie accent anyway.

Oi crikey, that's a fair dinkem rinky dink Aussie accent that is!