The Prankster Cops of Newton, MA

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Around here it's TP-ing. There's a season for it, in the fall. Parents drive kids around to TP friends' houses.

Some folks think it's fun. *shrug*

Would that all news days should actually were this slow.

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Don't cops have better things to do with their time?

Throwing eggs at a house... your sergeant's house... my god, people are stupid.

Just when I get to thinking my life will be so much better when I stop hanging out with teenagers, idiocy strikes again.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Don't cops have better things to do with their time?

"Off duty" cops. Maybe try it this way:

"Don't people have better things to do with their time?"

Yeah, I don't get egging a house either, or TP-ing it or forking the yard for that matter. (again) *shrug*

ETA: THEN AGAIN -- back when I spent an off season delivering appliances for a Big Box store, the last driver back at the end of the day might find his car filled with styrofoam peanuts and shrinkwrapped shut. So maybe I *shrug* too soon?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, these are the only people who should be carrying guns, absolutely. :ROFL:

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
I'd assume that cops, off-duty or not, would have more self-discipline than the average person.

But, true. I suppose you're free to be an idiot when you're off work.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Pranks are fun...when they're delivered without ill intent. We used to have neighbors who pranked each other all the time, but they were good friends, so it was always funny, and no one ever got mad.

One set of neighbors went out of town, only to return to find all their lawn furniture on the roof of the house. A two story at that. It was pretty funny to drive by and see a patio set on a roof.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I'd assume that cops, off-duty or not, would have more self-discipline than the average person.

You haven't known a lot of cops, have you?

Growing up, my father was the police comissioner in my town, and a volunteer firefighter. The police chief lived behind us.

Ah, the evenings of sitting around my back yard with half the fire and police departments "safely disposing" of confiscated fireworks. While cops and firefighters played various drinking games.

The chief and his wife got drunk once and barged into our house and TP'd our basement.

Those were the days...

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Most of my family is former military, so I understand the stupidity that people in uniform can get into outside (and inside) of work.

I'd just assume they'd have more discipline than your average stupid high school/college boy. We do want the disciplined, not prone to pulling ridiculous pranks, people defending us with guns and tasers, correct?

ETA: Though I never understood prank week in Arnold Air, either. I just find the whole idea rather distasteful. Ah, well. I'll mark this off as yet another thing I will never understand. :Shrug:

Last edited: