• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Ready for some smut? Or non-smut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnneGlynn

If you don't try, you can't fail
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneglynn.com
If you have time to do a beta read, I hope you'll consider looking at my manuscript, Love Unexpected or the steamier version, Love Unexpected: Nighttime Tales, before either comes out as a POD paperback.

Both books are a collection of the same six romance novellas and most of the individual pieces have already been beta-proofed. The stories were written for fun and they’re meant to be fun to read. There’s no underlying messages, no heavy profundity. The stories are largely contemporary but there's one tale set in the 19th century (One Bride for Seven Brothers) and another in the near future (World War Me: Love in the Time of the Zompacolypse).

I'm hoping to find a pair of fresh eyes to see if the newly-rewritten stories provide a good reading experience when they're placed together. One set of the stories is PG-13 rated while the other contains graphic sexual description (Nighttime Tales). If you’re interested, please let me know which take you’ll consider, either via PM or at HiAnneGlynn (at) gmail.com.

Also, this:

- Which romance subgenre the novel is in -- See above.
- Word count: 75,000 words.
- What kind of feedback you're looking for (structural critique, line-edits, etc) -- Did anything kind of bug you? Did you enjoy the collection?
- Timeline of when you'd like to receive the feedback-- In the next 30 days or so.

Thanks!

AnneGlynn

If you don't try, you can't fail
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneglynn.com
Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to respond to this post via PM or email. I found a beta for Nighttime Tales and one for my PG-13 version. Their feedback has been invaluable. Because I'm still receiving offers to read the collection, I thought I'd update this post to say I'm good for now -- and you guys are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.