Women in Horror Month, Feb. 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hi, Selma. Just read your post. I love how you chose a character that sometimes gets overlooked. I remember Kate. Nice job picking something a little different (yet still relevant) to examine!

Thanks! I was worried Angel wasn't really horror-y enough, but at the end of the day I figured a woman + monsters = a woman in horror. I'm glad other people remember her; she was my favorite!

And hi, dolores! :hi:

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Hell to the No, I'm not on Twitter. I got bullied into joining FB, but I have to draw the line somewhere. (But thanks. :) )

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
fMade a post for Women in Horror Month. Just a list of thirteen female characters in horror that have had an impact of me - for better or worse. Will be making another post for female CREATORS in horror, probably in the next week. And here's my post. Hope that's okay to share.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
^Read and commented--nice list! Stonewords was great. I've never heard anyone even mention it, ever.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Me, either! And it's such an amazing book! If I said Zoe from my book Messages From the Dead didn't have a namesake, I'd be lying. I remember it making such a big impression on me, as a child. Here was a girl who dealt with ghosts, written by a lady. Zilpha Keatley Snyder and Mary Downing Hahn had similarly deep impressions, lovely ladies with spooky stories that they all are.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
fMade a post for Women in Horror Month. Just a list of thirteen female characters in horror that have had an impact of me - for better or worse. Will be making another post for female CREATORS in horror, probably in the next week. And here's my post. Hope that's okay to share.

Added and tweeted. Welcome aboard, Bri!

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Threw up a second post for Women in Horror Month 2013 - this one thirteen middle grade horror books with awesome female protagonists. Mary Downing Hahn tried to dominate the list, but there were some other contenders for awesome. I'll be making another post in a few days, probably. Here's the post!

Status
Not open for further replies.