Reaction score
Yes, you're right
greensmilies-028.gif
find my happy place, find my happy place, find my happy place

theelfchild

Thinking up something clever
Registered
Reaction score
Rangled up some beta readers this week. It's been an interesting experience, that's for sure. Also did some reading in return, which is where most of the interesting came from.

Hammered out the plot of a new novel, and wrote about 500 words for it.

3 blog posts (!) 1685 words total.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rangled up some beta readers this week. It's been an interesting experience, that's for sure. Also did some reading in return, which is where most of the interesting came from.

Hammered out the plot of a new novel, and wrote about 500 words for it.

3 blog posts (!) 1685 words total.

2,185 words
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

3 blog posts
:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
1944 words, all of it done in the last couple of hours. :tongue

LilliCray

Plot? What plot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mutteringsofascribe.blogspot.com
It's only been, what, three weeks since I reported last? In that time, I've gotten excited about another Shiny New Idea, abandoned the old one out of a loss of interest, lost interest in the new one but tried valiantly to keep pretending I still wanted to tackle it, then wrote a completely random scenelet involving an un-brella and a ghoul and now that's turned into my *new* new Shiny New Idea. ...that's way too much newness, that there. I think that's the fastest I've ever gone through three ideas...

So now I'm mainly working on a project that has absolutely NOTHING to do with any of the three ideas mentioned previously. It's not even an idea I will ever do anything with, sharing-wise, except possibly I'll let my brother read it. >.< But I'm still counting it as writing because gosh dang it, my description is actually *improving*! ...maybe.

I probably should have done more of my school reading instead of spending all this time on this project that is awesome but will never see the light of day, but somehow I just can't bother feeling guilty about that. Can't imagine why. :tongue

Anyway! This week's writerly stats:
-12,257 words written. That's the most I've written in a week since... like... forever ago! ...actually, maybe just since NaNo. I didn't count weekly, then, just daily and overall. :D I'm pretty happy with myself. And on just one project, too! It's now at almost 15k and except for a snarl in chapter 5, I've had nothing but pure, unadulterated fun of the like I haven't experienced while writing since I was like ten.

...and I am now extremely happy. I can't believe how much I've missed just writing for me! I mean, I keep feeling like *maybe* I'll do something with it, but realistically speaking it will probably never leave my hard drive. And that's taken off *so much pressure*. I should master the art of pretending this is the case for every single thing I ever write ever. Maybe then I'd actually finish something. >.<

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's only been, what, three weeks since I reported last? In that time, I've gotten excited about another Shiny New Idea, abandoned the old one out of a loss of interest, lost interest in the new one but tried valiantly to keep pretending I still wanted to tackle it, then wrote a completely random scenelet involving an un-brella and a ghoul and now that's turned into my *new* new Shiny New Idea. ...that's way too much newness, that there. I think that's the fastest I've ever gone through three ideas...

So now I'm mainly working on a project that has absolutely NOTHING to do with any of the three ideas mentioned previously. It's not even an idea I will ever do anything with, sharing-wise, except possibly I'll let my brother read it. >.< But I'm still counting it as writing because gosh dang it, my description is actually *improving*! ...maybe.

I probably should have done more of my school reading instead of spending all this time on this project that is awesome but will never see the light of day, but somehow I just can't bother feeling guilty about that. Can't imagine why. :tongue

-12,257 words written. That's the most I've written in a week since... like... forever ago! ...actually, maybe just since NaNo. I didn't count weekly, then, just daily and overall. :D I'm pretty happy with myself. And on just one project, too! It's now at almost 15k and except for a snarl in chapter 5, I've had nothing but pure, unadulterated fun of the like I haven't experienced while writing since I was like ten.

...and I am now extremely happy. I can't believe how much I've missed just writing for me! I mean, I keep feeling like *maybe* I'll do something with it, but realistically speaking it will probably never leave my hard drive. And that's taken off *so much pressure*. I should master the art of pretending this is the case for every single thing I ever write ever. Maybe then I'd actually finish something. >.<

12,257 words

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I got 540 words done in 2 weeks on my re-write....nothing else deleted.

That said, I had to do hours of work just to get to my keyboard.

Oh...and last week, I went into the bookstore and proceeded to ask for books written by AWer's. When the lady got a bit frustrated with me I explained that these are my friends and they should carry the books in the store and not make me special order them.

I could only get books by Gini and Kelly on that foray. I'll hit another one on March 1st. I don't want them to close my bookstores now that I finally have some money to shop with!!!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Oh...and last week, I went into the bookstore and proceeded to ask for books written by AWer's. When the lady got a bit frustrated with me I explained that these are my friends and they should carry the books in the store and not make me special order them.

I could only get books by Gini and Kelly on that foray. I'll hit another one on March 1st. I don't want them to close my bookstores now that I finally have some money to shop with!!!

540 words

supporting fellow AWers
:TheWave::TheWave::TheWave:

To get my book in print you have to go through my publisher.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score

Writing just for you is the best kind of writing. I did that for NaNo, and came up with something I'm actually willing to spend time editing!

That reminds me--it's time for a trip to Chapters. This book, by our own callalily61 is now in stock!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Got Veiled Threat, and a bonus pick: Alexander Outland: Space Pirate! (by someone named G.J. Koch :D)

Briony-zisaya

Punctuation and I don't get along
Registered
Reaction score
Two blog posts, one containing an excerpt of a short I'm attempting to write, and some new pages for an old story - total of 3,486 words on that one. I know it's not much, but I'm almost proud of every word written. ;)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two blog posts, one containing an excerpt of a short I'm attempting to write, and some new pages for an old story - total of 3,486 words on that one. I know it's not much, but I'm almost proud of every word written. ;)

3,486 words

2 blog posts
:partyguy::partyguy:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
3 blog posts.

Retyping my back title book for Kindle cause I can't access the disk. About 16K of that so far.

Doing a few different blog hops. Fun plus good deadline practice.

Finally got our history quarterly off to the printers. Whew.

Did a book review on Goodreads.

Poking my friend who asked me to keep poking him to get something ready to submit to an agent. He is an awesome illustrator and writer, and has some great kid books all done up.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
3 blog posts.

Retyping my back title book for Kindle cause I can't access the disk. About 16K of that so far.

Doing a few different blog hops. Fun plus good deadline practice.

Finally got our history quarterly off to the printers. Whew.

Did a book review on Goodreads.

Poking my friend who asked me to keep poking him to get something ready to submit to an agent. He is an awesome illustrator and writer, and has some great kid books all done up.

16,000 words

3 blog posts
:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

poke
:e2poke::e2poke::e2poke:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score